Blood pressure question-medical renewal

J

Jamesw

At the time of my last medical, I went through the "certification process" with the ekg, blood work, and such. I understand that all I need is a letter from my Dr. stating that there are no issues. There has been no changes to my meds and have maintained good BP control. Am I correct on this?

Thanks
James Whitehead
Canyon Lake, TX
P-ASEL/HP/Complex-BGI

At the time of my last medical, I went through the "certification process" with the ekg, blood work, and such. I understand that all I need is a letter from my Dr. stating that there are no issues. There has been no changes to my meds and have maintained good BP control. Am I correct on this?

Thanks
James Whitehead
Canyon Lake, TX
P-ASEL/HP/Complex-BGI

I'm in that situation. My letter from the FAA lists the things I have to do each renewal.

From memory they were:

1) Have a copy of the letter from the FAA that said you were good to go with your BP medication.

2) Have at least 3 blood pressure checks over the last few months by some kind of medical person.

3) Have some lab work ordered by your GP.

AOPA medical was very helpful. Dr Koen, an Austin AME, was also very helpful in getting my renewals done painlessly.

Jim Howard

Thanks Jim

I plan on contacting AOPA for info also. I just had a reminder set for today about my medical but I am also heading out to Nashville for the next several days and just trying to squeeze everything in before the 31st.

Thanks

James Whitehead
Canyon Lake, TX
P-ASEL/HP/Complex-BGI

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back