blood clots, kinda scared

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
does anyone here know anything much about blood clots? my Dad just had a stent put in, he was doing great, and my Mom just called me to say that he is back in the hospital, his leg swelled up like a balloon and it's a blood clot. I don't know what kind but we're all pretty scared now, it's serious. if it moves it could kill him. what do they do when he is in the hospital, I guess he is on some kind of drip and they are trying to dissolve it, what is the prognosis if they catch it (did they catch it in time if it got so swollen??)

I don't understand, he has been on coumadin for years, and they took him off briefly for the stent but he's back on it again and also plavix. how can you get a blood clot when you are taking all these things?

woodstock said:
does anyone here know anything much about blood clots? my Dad just had a stent put in, he was doing great, and my Mom just called me to say that he is back in the hospital, his leg swelled up like a balloon and it's a blood clot. I don't know what kind but we're all pretty scared now, it's serious. if it moves it could kill him. what do they do when he is in the hospital, I guess he is on some kind of drip and they are trying to dissolve it, what is the prognosis if they catch it (did they catch it in time if it got so swollen??)
Was is a deep vein thrombosis, or a clot thrown from the stent? At any rate my understanding is that these things are slow to fix, but they are a known quantity, which should be reassuring.

Sorry to hear that it happened to your Dad.

It will take time to balance out his thinners and clotting time. Sorry to here about your dad's ordeal.

I wish you and your family the best.

John

woodstock said:
does anyone here know anything much about blood clots?

Go post on the babes board. Razor is now an expert and Dr. B is known to still check in there.

Missa

Back