Blog with me

Discussion in 'Home Builders and Sport Pilots' started by John Recine, Jul 17, 2008.

1. John Recine

John Recine Pre-takeoff checklist

Display name:
    John Recine
    Hello good people

I finally got off my duff and got involved with the blogesphere, I guess thats close enough as a spelling. I am attempting to keep up to date on build and changes as they develop. I encourage you to stop by and see how I am doing, if youre interested you can certainly ask questions or post comments. Stating this project is interesting or fun would not and could not capture the feeling of building this project. I would encourage anyone that knows the differece between a screwdriver and a screw to get building.

Hey stop by the blog and lemme kow what ya think.

http://pietenpolnx895bp.blogspot.com/

John Recine

2. Jack Allison

Jack Allison Pre-Flight

Display name:
    Jack Allison
    Congrats on joining the blogosphere John. Looks like you have a nice project going there. One question though...what type of plane are you building? Maybe it's obvious to a homebuilder but I'm...um...not one so humor me :)

My brother is building an RV-6A that should be flying sometime in '08. I've bucked a few rivets with him and he's done some oil door repair work on our Arrow. Building looks like fun but it's *a lot* of work. Well worth it in the end I'm sure. Maybe some day...

3. John Recine

John Recine Pre-takeoff checklist

Display name:
    John Recine
    Hey Jack,

No Problem, shes a Pietenpol Aircamper, a 1928 or 9 design. Shes flies low and slow Sunday driver solid aircraft of wood and cloth. There is much written on the net about them and each is a hand made work of art and a labor of love. They dont come in kits so the builder is free to stick with the prints or make deviations as needed.

Mine is a wide body for my wide self wearing a jacket for cooler weather flying for which I cannot wait to get her finished. I am afriad I will miss the build process when shes done.

But for right now I am loving every hour I spend building my airplane a hand made work of technological art and love combined.

John

4. etsisk

etsisk En-Route

Display name:
    iYiYi
    I bet you'll love the flying process, though! :)

Looks good! :)