Block Island, Sat. 7/30

Toby

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Toby Speed
Figured I'd start a new thread for this. Who wants to meet at Block Island next Saturday? I have the plane at 12, can be there by 1.

Lunch, hike, see the town? I haven't spent any time there at all, so I'm open to anything. I was on B.I. in January when only the airport diner was open. Even that was a fun place to eat, but there was snow on the ground and nothing else was open.

Post here if you're coming.

Well, I'll have to miss this one. Combination of my son's birthday, need to get the DG fixed and generally too much to do and no time to do it.

Gary

Gary said:
Well, I'll have to miss this one. Combination of my son's birthday, need to get the DG fixed and generally too much to do and no time to do it.

Gary
Sorry you'll miss this one, Gary. Maybe we can set something up in Blairstown in August.

Rent plane, will travel. Will bring sunscreen this time (and will remember to reapply it often!)

--Kath

I posted this on the AOPA board, too. Where and what time are we meeting? Are we renting/bringing bikes? I won't get there til 1, and then I have to rent a bike, if that's what we're doing. Or we can meet in town and have lunch.

Toby said:
I posted this on the AOPA board, too. Where and what time are we meeting? Are we renting/bringing bikes? I won't get there til 1, and then I have to rent a bike, if that's what we're doing. Or we can meet in town and have lunch.

I was thinking of showing up around 10:30 or 11:00. I'd be up for lunch at the restaurant on-field. Then, after Toby joins us, I'd love to rent a bike and explore! Toby, would you mind if I went to the restaurant without you? (After observing the crowd at the vineyard last weekend, I don't think we'd let anybody will go hungry!)

--Kath

I was just there a couple weeks ago - is there a restaurant on the field...?

There is a small restaurant in the airport terminal - but a few better ones in town that are very nice.

I'm going to have to miss this one - My bird is undergoing it's annual and I found out today that it won't be ready until next week. See you on the next one!

Sal

N2729V

Kath, do you have a bike? I may be going alone (Anne twisted her ankle) so I have room to carry a second bike with me (and a passenger, of course).

The weather's not looking good on this end for tomorrow, so I'll have to make my decision later. A friend at work has been telling me about good places to eat in Old Harbor. Three Sisters was one restaurant she mentioned, and a couple of others along the water where you can sit outside. There are bike rental places there, too.

I'd be up for going out for lunch first, but I'll have to wait and see what's up with the weather as the day goes on.

BillG said:
Kath, do you have a bike? I may be going alone (Anne twisted her ankle) so I have room to carry a second bike with me (and a passenger, of course).

I do have a bike, and I have not lined up any passengers for myself. I'd be happy to share the ride.
Would you be willing to pick me up at KBED? (or KBOS? Hahahaha!)

--Kath

P.S. sorry to hear about the ankle!

Back