Blasted winds

infotango

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
rob!
I've cancelled the 2nd part of my stage check 5 times now because of the blasted winds in NJ. Today my local airport is reporting 9kts which is good except for the fact that they are gusting up to 20kts, with variable direction over a span of 100 degrees. I don't think it's good weather to do the couple of landings I have left to show the stage check instructor. Am I wrong? Will this ever finish?

By the way, can a stage check satisfy the requirement for 3 hours of pre checkride instruction?

I guess I'm not alone......I have been wondering if I'll get back in the air or if my CFI thinks I gave up :eek:

Actually I talked with my CFI and said it's time to burn up the carry over vacation, when we get a stretch of good wx I am going non stop to finish. I think I have solo xc time, 3 hours night flight and 3 hours IFR then review and checkride.

I am on the schedule for sunday morning around the patch with a short hop to KILG for a few rounds at a towered airport then tuesday for solo XC to Easton, MD............:rolleyes: we shall see.

infotango said:
I've cancelled the 2nd part of my stage check 5 times now because of the blasted winds in NJ. Today my local airport is reporting 9kts which is good except for the fact that they are gusting up to 20kts, with variable direction over a span of 100 degrees. I don't think it's good weather to do the couple of landings I have left to show the stage check instructor. Am I wrong? Will this ever finish?

By the way, can a stage check satisfy the requirement for 3 hours of pre checkride instruction?

If the CFI is qualified and agrees, have the CFI show you some XWind LDGs and then do some yourself in addition to the rest of the phase check. It certainly could then be logged the way you were asking.

You'll get her done. Keep up the good fight!

Dave Krall CFII said:
If the CFI is qualified and agrees, have the CFI show you some XWind LDGs and then do some yourself in addition to the rest of the phase check. It certainly could then be logged the way you were asking.
He's already refused to give dual, just a stage check. I'm about to bust through the 60 day period from my last logged dual.

It looks like I need another 3 hours of dual...and another $450, sigh.

Last edited:
infotango said:
He's already refused to give dual, just a stage check. I'm about to bust through the 60 day period from my last logged dual.

It looks like I need another 3 hours of dual...and another $450, sigh.

CFI refused to give dual?
Sounds like BS to me.

Back