Blackhawk Anyone?

I'm pretty sure this is a civilan Blackhawk. Looked even larger in this paint scheme. (Sept. 2017 at Truckee, CA airport.)IMG_4755.JPG

Removed the pilots side armor and hud, can’t go fiki :(

I say Photo Shop, registration comes back to a 1983 Mooney M20J.

It sure would be cool to say 'Yeah, I own a Black Hawk!' Interestingly enough, I never knew they made civilian variants of them.

It sure would be cool to say 'Yeah, I own a Black Hawk!' Interestingly enough, I never knew they made civilian variants of them.

Yep, the S-70 Blackhawk. I'm not sure there was much of a market, I think most still went into government hands.

Probably have a few flights in that exact airframe. Not a true EH though. All that junk was removed years ago. I’d look to buy an old EH over a UH. Generally newer, less hours and hasn’t been abused as much as a UH over its lifetime.

Most of these up for sale weren’t made as a civilian variant (S-70). They’re just old 60s that are now available on the civilian market. Rucker is divesting all the A models for L/Ms. That leaves a crapload of As to get rid of. Once they refurb it, it’ll be a lot more than the bargain prices you get them for on GSA.

Pretty paint scheme:

https://media.sandhills.com/doc.axd?id=3032316544&p=&ext=&dl=False&wt=False&checksum=ZcCxrl6CtAM1GLZAc0EsQWl7m5xK5mtCvod3qb0NFAIbKwf9Tg91J4BQ9WoPVFbeu+3Ka/U9HeDEOG/dVcXQbg==

Last edited:
Removed the pilots side armor and hud, can’t go fiki :(

Is it listed as non FIKI? I can clearly see the de-ice power cables to the main rotor. If the tail cables have been cut, it’s only a matter of ordering new cables. Maintaining it as a FIKI aircraft is a whole other matter in itself.

Is it listed as non FIKI? I can clearly see the de-ice power cables to the main rotor. If the tail cables have been cut, it’s only a matter of ordering new cables. Maintaining it as a FIKI aircraft is a whole other matter in itself.

Something on the needs work list about one rotor blade and something about the tail rotor

Something on the needs work list about one rotor blade and something about the tail rotor

Oh, on the open fault record. Hasn’t been removed though so it just needs a little TLC. A bigger deal is the restriction for non cargo doors open. Gotta get that fixed.

Back