Blackbird: Legacy of Innovation PBS Documentary

Stan Cooper

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Stan Cooper
Short notice, but the documentary "Blackbird: Legacy of Innovation" airs tonight in the bay area on PBS channel 22 at 9:00 PM. It chronicles the development of the SR-71, an airplane I have been infatuated with since the mid-1960s when I was working for Hughes Aircraft Company in the Flight Test Division.

Damn, PBS not a friendly app, even switched my station to the one for your area, couldn’t find it so I guess they don’t let you view past programs and/or apparently it’s not set to replay soon.

I love the Blackbird as do countless others. Just an amazing program from so many aspects.

Damn, PBS not a friendly app, even switched my station to the one for your area, couldn’t find it so I guess they don’t let you view past programs and/or apparently it’s not set to replay soon.

I love the Blackbird as do countless others. Just an amazing program from so many aspects.
The station call sign for the bay area channel 22 PBS station is KRCB and the transmitter is in Sonoma County. It's on Comcast cable here in S.F.

I'm sure it will be aired on PBS stations all over the country. I watched it last night, and it was excellent.

Click on "TV Listings" at this link for air times. There's also a 30 second video preview at the link.

https://www.aptonline.org/offer/BLACKBIRD-LEGACY-OF-INNOVATION

Short notice, but the documentary "Blackbird: Legacy of Innovation" airs tonight in the bay area on PBS channel 22 at 9:00 PM. It chronicles the development of the SR-71, an airplane I have been infatuated with since the mid-1960s when I was working for Hughes Aircraft Company in the Flight Test Division.
My dad was stationed at Kadena AB between '64 and '68. Our house was less than a mile from the end of the runway and, even as a small kid, knew pretty much every plane that flew out of there. When the Tet offensive went crazy, I was outside one day, I heard a jet taking off and looked over just in time to see this black space ship taking off. Pretty exciting stuff for a kid!

Back