Black Hills, SD

frgo0629

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
frgo0629
Finally getting some nice weather in SD,ND. Hoping to go over to the Black Hills VFR next weekend. Debating either going into Spearfish (KSPF) or Rapid City (KRAP). Plan on renting a car.

Anyone been to either? Preference on an airport in the area? Maybe Ill have a green beer too!

Haven't landed at Spearfish, but we've had good experiences at Rapid City. We stayed there in town a couple of nights and drove the rental car to Mt. Rushmore and Deadwood.

Stopped into rapid city on a cross country,very friendly airport,stayed in town overnight. The tourist spots are easily accessible from the airport. The flying in the area is great.

I spent a week in SD about 20 years ago. I arrived in the Spring and left in the Winter.

Been to both SPF and RAP. SPF is much more GA friendly. That's where I would go.

I like Custer. Of course I'm a little biased - grew up there and still have a lot of family there.

Been to both SPF and RAP. SPF is much more GA friendly. That's where I would go.

+1, we camped on the field at SPF on our way to Yellowstone and it was awesome. They have a shower and were very GA friendly. They also had a a rental pickup truck available for us. It was a nice middle point from which to explore the Hills, Devil's Tower, and Badlands.

Back