Black Bears and Motorcycles

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
An acquaintance sent me an e-mail pertinent to the thread title. It seems his friend and her husband were riding on Mount Washington(NH) when they had a chance encounter with not one, but three black bears. The husband photographed the episode which included the big bear looking as though it was going to get onto the wife's motorcycle from the rear.

The e-mail has numerous photos, accompanied by text. Amazing!
Rather than copying the photos and the text to post here, if anyone is interested in the scenario send me an e-mail with your e-mail address and I'll just forward you the whole thing.

HR (and the wife had a death grip on her handle bars during the occasion)

This reminds me of an encounter many years ago in the Adirondacks...

My wife was driving the car filled with our stuff and I was following on the motorcycle after a summer's work at a camp.

It was about 330 AM and raining lightly. We were driving south on Route 30 when she braked suddenly and pulled over.

I rode up next to her and she rolled down the window. I lifted my face-shield and said, "What's wrong?"

"You didn't see the bear?"

"Where?"

"Right there!"

"I'm on a motorcycle!"

I flipped the shield back down and gunned it.

:sosp:

:D:D:D

My wife was driving the car filled with our stuff and I was following on the motorcycle after a summer's work at a camp.

It was about 330 AM and raining lightly. We were driving south on Route 30 when she braked suddenly and pulled over.

I rode up next to her and she rolled down the window. I lifted my face-shield and said, "What's wrong?"

"Where?"

"Right there!"

"I'm on a motorcycle!"

"Where?"

"Right there!"

"I'm on a motorcycle!"

You were the bait, she was try'n to catch a bear. Take a hint.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Did she rub you w/honey before you left?
Just joke'n.

Better to worry about a bear than a mt. lion imho. :D

I got a good laugh outta that write up Mac.:yes: thanks:thumbsup:

An acquaintance sent me an e-mail pertinent to the thread title. It seems his friend and her husband were riding on Mount Washington(NH) when they had a chance encounter with not one, but three black bears. The husband photographed the episode which included the big bear looking as though it was going to get onto the wife's motorcycle from the rear.

The e-mail has numerous photos, accompanied by text. Amazing!
Rather than copying the photos and the text to post here, if anyone is interested in the scenario send me an e-mail with your e-mail address and I'll just forward you the whole thing.

HR (and the wife had a death grip on her handle bars during the occasion)

Sent you an email. Thanks Harley.:thumbsup:

The piece -- looks like it's stills, saved from a video camera -- is in your e-mailbox.

HR

Back