Bizzard in Mid US.

Stopped snowing. 18 inches in total.

35 years ago to the day we had the Ice Storm. I was 18 at the time. We went without power for almost one month, some went longer.

Last year at this time it was almost 90 degree's out.

Just finished digging out our driveway and house walkway. Ugh... My gym canceled class today, but I still got my workout. The snow was heavy and wet... We didn't even get a break in that it couldn't be the light powdery kind! It was almost a foot and a half of slush. Still, not complaining in the least. I worked last night, was paid to do next to nothing, got breakfast this morning at my favorite waffle place, and now it's my week off. Nice! :D

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

Just finished digging out our driveway and house walkway. Ugh... My gym canceled class today, but I still got my workout. The snow was heavy and wet... We didn't even get a break in that it couldn't be the light powdery kind! It was almost a foot and a half of slush. Still, not complaining in the least. I worked last night, was paid to do next to nothing, got breakfast this morning at my favorite waffle place, and now it's my week off. Nice! :D

Yes its a very wet snow. We will take all we can get.

The wife laughed, on the news it said "all of down town Champaign was closed"

The roads are clearing up really fast. In 3 days this will all be gone and it will be pushing 50 degree's.

Yes its a very wet snow. We will take all we can get.

The wife laughed, on the news it said "all of down town Champaign was closed"

The roads are clearing up really fast. In 3 days this will all be gone and it will be pushing 50 degree's.

I hope so... Places to go, you know... People to see. :D

As usual, the lunatic fringe (aka as the local TV Weather guessers) had predicted 10" and the end of the world as we know it with the result of 3-4 inches of heavy wet snow which vanished from the streets shortly afterward. Still snowing lightly and disappearing from the streets.

Cheers

Back