Bitching about Multi in This Area

You know there is a sultan and a prince or two who currently have a 380 or a 747. Those guys would pay to go supersonic in a heartbeat. Dunno 'bout corporations though...maybe if it said Gulfstream on the dataplate...

Yup. There's always someone with money who'll throw it at supersonic flight.

And that Gulfstream data plate thing is just an acquisition away, if they make a go of it.

That said, Adam Aircraft Blvd is still on the street sign next to the building on the airport property. Not supersonic, but they actually had stuff flying before they went under.

Building airplanes is tough business. No doubt.

Maybe the city will change the street sign to the name of this company? LOL. Probably bad luck if they do.

The assertion from you was there was no economics that supported it. I said there are. I didn't say there were aircraft delivered. :)

We have no idea what they can actually deliver and at what price. What they have suggested is that airlines flying their aircraft would be able to offer a business class roundtrip from New York to London for $5000, which is about midway between the price of a business class and a first class trip on a subsonic airliner. I'm sorry, but I don't believe it,and I don't believe they can get their airplane ready by 2023, either.

Andrew, are you PIC typed in that jet you are flying?

I could have logged a lot of PIC 777 time but chose not to. I thought it was kind of pointless.

I am, they don't give out SIC types here. Saves money on the back end when you upgrade.

My wife and I flew on the Concorde from London to New York about 3 weeks before the accident that grounded the fleet forever. We had been in London for a couple days after crossing from NY on the QE2, we went to Dublin to spend a couple days with family. By the time we flew back to London then to NY, then back to Atlanta we could have saved several hours by flying direct from Dublin. It was a truly once in a lifetime opportunity and the pilot in me couldn't turn down a free trip on the Concorde. It was the grand prize on a Ford sales contest and it was a great experience. My friend described it best, a coach seat with a first class experience. Those seats were as small as anything in an airliner today.

The accident didn't ground the Concorde forever. BA continued flying them for a few years after they did the required modifications to keep them airworthy. Fuel cost, and French pride (EADS pulled support from the type) were the reasons the fleet was eventually grounded.

The last revenue flight, JFK-LHR, was cleared for takeoff by the same JFK tower controller who cleared it to land the first time the Concorde landed in JFK.

Maybe...prolly depends on the tax breaks that have been granted...

They do like rubbing it in, don't they.

Those "this road paid by your (illegal by TABOR but they called them "fees" and got away with it) FASTER fees" signs are the most annoying. Especially when you dig in and find that no, FASTER fees only paid a small portion of it. And they don't budget to take them down after paying to make them and hang them. Waste of money. But some dumbass politician thinks it's a good idea to buy them to remind you of their illegal behavior I guess.

The accident didn't ground the Concorde forever. BA continued flying them for a few years after they did the required modifications to keep them airworthy. Fuel cost, and French pride (EADS pulled support from the type) were the reasons the fleet was eventually grounded.

The last revenue flight, JFK-LHR, was cleared for takeoff by the same JFK tower controller who cleared it to land the first time the Concorde landed in JFK.

I remember that flight. The JFK departure flew over the shop I worked at on Long Island. That plane was stupidly loud. We didn't look forward to its overflights.

Of course, I wasn't a pilot then.

I remember that flight. The JFK departure flew over the shop I worked at on Long Island. That plane was stupidly loud. We didn't look forward to its overflights.

Of course, I wasn't a pilot then.

"Canarsie climb".

Andrew, are you PIC typed in that jet you are flying?

I could have logged a lot of PIC 777 time but chose not to. I thought it was kind of pointless.

Everyone flying 121 is required to be PIC typed now, can't issue 121 SIC types.

Guess I didn't know that.

It was one of the things that was in the ATP law from a few years back, one of the often overlooked. My previous carrier actually caught some heat, as they had FO's flying on an SIC type after the cutoff date.

Back