Birthday joyride

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
Count 'em folks, 63 as of today :(

Anyway, my friend John wanted to get some pictures of his friend's corn maze. So heat and haze notwithstanding, I flew the R22 down there and then let John fly while I got some pics. The maze shots are obvious, the first house belongs to a friend of John's, the second house is his. Next is what it looks like to line up on a taxiway (we doan need no stinkin' runway). Finally, before shutdown, my partner Rob showed up, so there's a couple of pics of Rob in our R22.

Attachments

• 0378.jpg
    0378.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 0379.jpg
    0379.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 0384.jpg
    0384.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 17
  • 0392.jpg
    0392.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 0396.jpg
    0396.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 0406.jpg
    0406.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 0420.jpg
    0420.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 0432.jpg
    0432.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 0438.jpg
    0438.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 27
Happy Birthday!!!!! Great pictures.

My friend is pushing her baby out right now as I type this. Maybe if the baby is born today they will name it Bob.

Happy Birthday Bob! Nice pics! Is that the covered bridge in Birchrunville?

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Bob.

In one of the pics, the one of the instrument panel to be exact. It shows the ball being way right. I have noticed when I fly the R22 on M$ Sim that I get that condition a lot. Is that a helicopter thing that you just deal with during certain manuevers?

Anthony said:
Happy Birthday Bob! Nice pics! Is that the covered bridge in Birchrunville?
No, Anthony, it's south of Rt 1. When you gonna get your butt out here so we can fly together again?

smigaldi said:
Happy Birthday Bob.

In one of the pics, the one of the instrument panel to be exact. It shows the ball being way right. I have noticed when I fly the R22 on M$ Sim that I get that condition a lot. Is that a helicopter thing that you just deal with during certain manuevers?
Nope. That's what happens when you have an ATP at the controls :yes:

Actually, we all do that from time to time :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB !!!!

That looks like the Smithbridge road covered bridge, just a stones throw from the DuPont mansion.

Happy Birthday, Bob.

I love your new avatar...

Scott, I just realized that I didn't really answer your question...

The ball should be centered, but it won't be if the lateral CG is off (the ship will fly with the heavy side down). Every time the power is changed by lowering or raising the collective, the antitorque pedals have to be tweaked -- more left pedal if raising the collective, more right pedal when lowering it. The pedal are not used in turns, unlike an airplane. Everyone lets a little slip get in occasionally, so while the ball should be centered, it sometimes isn't.

RotaryWingBob said:
No, Anthony, it's south of Rt 1. When you gonna get your butt out here so we can fly together again?

Definitely this Fall!

Back