Birdie's ready to fly

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Last official "on the scales" weight and balance on Birdie was done when it left the factory--everything else since then has been "math work", recording additions and subtractions of equipment weights from various arms. So, after having my mechanic rip out a bunch of old stuff, us cleaning subfloors, etc., then having him install new items, we figured it was a good time to have a fresh re-weigh done.

Results? Surprisingly, EXACTLY the same empty weight: 1966.00 pounds

CG moved aft exactly a half inch... which is actually beneficial on 182's, which can be a bit nose heavy with just passengers up front.

With a 3100 gross operating weight, that gives us 1134 pounds of useful load. We typically fly with 65 gallons (390 pounds) of fuel on board, though the plane will carry up to 92 gallons for long trips. With 65 gallons, we can put 744 pounds of people and bags on board and fly for a little more than 4.5 hours (longer than your bladder will last... or mine).

Annual is complete, logbooks are being signed off tonight. ‪#‎LetsGoFly‬

attachment.php

Attachments

• 11136298_10204733272989341_1398615286629383261_o.jpg
    11136298_10204733272989341_1398615286629383261_o.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 191
Not at all, I'm willing to share!
Do send photos/vids of the next flight.

Helium in the tires is an old trick...... What's the REAL weight?

Amazing those figures are simply amazing.

So when can we schedule a ride? I've had flying with you on the bucket list anyway, so double-plus-good it's in a nice 182 like that!

Those are great numbers. You have an aircraft that can do a bunch of different mission profiles without even breaking a sweat.

Have fun...it's a beautiful airplane.

:yes:

Yeah, I know, but I didn't say "in a vacuum in a lab on earth." I just said "on earth."

With a few notable exceptions, we don't live in a vacuum!

Naw, those with the vacuum internalize it.

So when can we schedule a ride? I've had flying with you on the bucket list anyway, so double-plus-good it's in a nice 182 like that!

We'll fly soon! Not scheduling rides yet--I have my own list to get out of the way! ;-)

I'll bet it's been driving you crazy having that thing home for three + weeks and not being able to fly it!!! Go Fly!

Yay! Hopefully we'll get some clear weekends soon so you and the family can get some airtime!

Yeah, I know, but I didn't say "in a vacuum in a lab on earth." I just said "on earth."

With a few notable exceptions, we don't live in a vacuum!

:wink2:

Huh, what's the gravity:molecular weight ratio to create an atmosphere? Jupiter has a hydrogen/helium atmosphere like the sun right?

Back