Bird migration season again!

Cap'n Jack

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cap'n Jack
The birds are going across Nebraska. I estimate these to be 2,000 or 3,000 feet up although I saw flocks both higher and lower today. This shot used a long lens with a teleconvertor, so the geese look close.

Be careful up there!

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 33
Snow geese hanging around all winter here in Lancaster County:

DSCF2362.JPG

Just got a warning from the tower this morning about geese next to the runway when I was landing.

It's not a common occurance here, but it does happen. I was diverted to our smaller runway by the tower some months ago for geese on the runway. They sent a truck out to chase them off.

this flock of Snows took off from the flats the other day and crossed our airport at BVS. it took better part of a hour to clear the pattern.

Attachments

• Geese Fly.jpg
    Geese Fly.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 13
  • HPIM0768.jpg
    HPIM0768.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 11
  • HPIM0762.jpg
    HPIM0762.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 11
Just got a warning from the tower this morning about geese next to the runway when I was landing.

It's not a common occurance here, but it does happen. I was diverted to our smaller runway by the tower some months ago for geese on the runway. They sent a truck out to chase them off.

Fly down to KMGW -- you're likely to here, "Use caution, coyotes on the runway..."

A few years ago while flying approaches with a CFII the tower said, "Use caution for turkey on the runway."

I replied immediately: "Turkey in sight"

"Already?"

"Yep -- he's sitting right next to me..."

I think we did a few dozen holds right after that...

:rolleyes2:

Fly down to KMGW -- you're likely to here, "Use caution, coyotes on the runway..."

A few years ago while flying approaches with a CFII the tower said, "Use caution for turkey on the runway."

I replied immediately: "Turkey in sight"

"Already?"

"Yep -- he's sitting right next to me..."

I think we did a few dozen holds right after that...

:rolleyes2:

:rofl:

Speak first, then think. Works for me.

This guy(?) has been known to lie on the nice warm runway pavement...

ONZ_Coyote.jpg

The birds are going across Nebraska. I estimate these to be 2,000 or 3,000 feet up although I saw flocks both higher and lower today. This shot used a long lens with a teleconvertor, so the geese look close.

Be careful up there!
Looks a lot like final/short final quite often here at PAO :hairraise:

Back