Bird Flu

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Given the growing concern about a pandemic bird flu, the following guidelines are worth knowing.

The Center for Disease Control has released a list of symptoms of bird flu. If you experience any of the following, please seek medical treatment immediately:

1. High fever that seems to last
2. Congestion that seems worse than usual
3. Nausea
4. Continuing fatigue
5. Aching in the joints
6. An irresistible urge to s*** on someone's windshield.

NC19143 said:
Given the growing concern about a pandemic bird flu, the following guidelines are worth knowing.

The Center for Disease Control has released a list of symptoms of bird flu. If you experience any of the following, please seek medical treatment immediately:

1. High fever that seems to last
2. Congestion that seems worse than usual
3. Nausea
4. Continuing fatigue
5. Aching in the joints
6. An irresistible urge to s*** on someone's windshield.

well - for the last week I've definitely had #1, #2, and #4. I've always had #6. Maybe I've got it.

Being sick sucks.

I think some of this is a little overblown. Bird flu has been in Aisa since 1997 and only a little more than 60 people have died from it. I know the concern is now that it will jump to people more readily. China, realing from the SARs fiasco, is trying like mad to keep on top of the public relations war in reagrds to bird flu. In China their living conditions and sanitation in the food service industry is about the worst in the modern nations. If they are not having a pandemic it is unlikely that it is happening elsewhere.

I just returned from Beijing, the only bird flu panic is in the wetern press, not the Chinese one. That is why I think that the reports and mass killings of chickens is for western journalists and is a public relations type of stunt.

I am not saying do not take precautions, it is the flu season and the best defence is to keep washing your hands. Perhap bird flu will jump to the human population. Until that time happens I will take simple precautions and not panic.

Back