Biplane clips cow

It looked like a glancing blow with the bottom of the wing to me. No significant yaw. If it hit with the leading edge, there would have been SIGNIFICANT yaw and resulting damage to the lower left wing.

That'll give him one heckofa moograine!

Ahh, thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week!

Is that how they get Milk of Magnesia - by scaring the S*** out of the cow? :D

What a moooving video!

Makes me angus about flying from grass strips...

Trapper John

So, any FARs violated in that video? I'm going to say, no with the possible exception of 91.13 assuming the cow was someone's property.

I am reminded of the famous Bill Maulding cartoon from WWII.

The GIs at the front got pretty tired of C-Rations. The cartoon shows two soldiers half-hidden behind a machine gun, with a bit of smoke issuing from the barrel.

One GI is saying "I coulda swore a couple of krauts were using that cow for cover. Go wake up the cooks."

Ron Wanttaja

"November tree fower Lima, traffic at 12, no make that your six o'clock is a brown jersey....stationary...."

I could always explain the feathers on the leading edge to the boss, but try explaining "leather" and fur in your aileron....

--Matt

Poor Cow, I agree, I hope the cow didn't get injured. .. why would they even land towards a cow to begin with????

Poor Cow, I agree, I hope the cow didn't get injured. .. why would they even land towards a cow to begin with????

They never saw the cow. If you will notice, they were looking out the other side of the airplane.

I almost hit an entire family of cows during the simulated engine failure portion of my last BFR with Tony.

Last edited:
The cow has been in counseling for several weeks now. Things are going well, but it it now afraid to fly...

I can just hear the cow talking it over with her friends..."I was just standing there eating grass and a worm or two when all the sudden some dipstick tried to land a plane on my arss, I had to do a ninja roll to get out of the way..."

That is how we hunt here in Nebraska, saves on ammunition. We have alot of black & white deer around here. :wink2:

You should see us turkey hunting. :loco:

Last edited:
Back