Biplane Bed

Laurie

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Penguin
I've been planning to turn an old wood bunk bed into a biplane. What pilot couple wouldn't love that?! But alas, Ted and I would just fight over the top bunk and I don't want to create such discord in our marriage, so it'll go in my son's room. Sigh, he gets all the good stuff.

Anyway.....

I have it all figured out except one piece. The engine cowl. I've been scouring the internet for months looking for large scale model airplane parts, maybe something I could just buy, engineer a way to attach it (read: Ted will engineer a way to attach it) and figure out or build a prop. I've dragged the kids up and down every aisle in the home improvement stores looking for some piece of some pipe or tube or something that I could fashion a semi realistic cowl. However, my artistic skills are a bit limited. I recall my former students making fun of my stick helicopter drawings as I tried to illustrate important things like how to properly eject from the helicopter (where were you then, Bryan with your videos? I coulda used some additional instructional material since a Cirrus is a lot like a helicopter) saying they looked like whales.

Anyway, I'm coming up with nothing.

So any ideas?

Washtub? Maybe a stock tank (to water/feed animals)?

704496042819.jpg

Just wait a day or two and another cirrus will go down, then you can call the owner and get one for next to nothing.

What ever you end up using, make sure it has an AOA on it. It is your child you know.

Back