"Biggest plane that can land here"?

Landing is one thing. Sitting a day or two on hot asphalt is another. Asphalt never really hardens. 20V (Kremmling, CO) has a large cement pad put in by a GIII owner so he could safely park.

I see the big concrete pad on Google Maps. The rest of the ramp looks pretty cracked and in worse condition than ours, but I still don't think I want to chance it. Their runway is rated to 68.0 dual wheel to our 40.0 too.

I see the big concrete pad on Google Maps. The rest of the ramp looks pretty cracked and in worse condition than ours, but I still don't think I want to chance it. Their runway is rated to 68.0 dual wheel to our 40.0 too.

Ramp will need work soon. The runway was done by the state improvement program. Some folks wonder why they were picked above other needs.

Oh [Your state's name here], oh [Again], what a state
I have not been back since [A reasonable date]
Where the asphalt grows soft in July every year
In the warm summer mornings of [Your state's name here]

Landing is one thing. Sitting a day or two on hot asphalt is another. Asphalt never really hardens. 20V (Kremmling, CO) has a large cement pad put in by a GIII owner so he could safely park.
They have upgraded to a Global. We did a recovery flight for them a couple years ago when they had a mechanical.

Landed somewhere in NC before and they had what I believe was a G4 parked at the concrete ramp in front of the self-service pump. They didn't want him to park on the asphalt portion of the ramp for fear of making dents. As the 100LL pump was blocked with the jet, they provided full-service fuel at self service price that day.

If you want to see big jets land and takeoff from a small runway, check out Harbor Springs Michigan!

Here, in Concord (KCCR), the longest runway is 5001' @ sea level. I see one of those 3 engine Falcons quite a bit. I think it is based here. Large gulfstreams and challengers are a common sight too!

Turns out the G450 decided to fly into OKC instead and have their passengers just drive to Shawnee for their business trip.

Crisis averted!

Back