Biggest Model Airport In The World

rk911

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
rk911
or so it's claimed. found this on one of my RV forums today. it's 36-min long and I haven't watched all of it yet but what I have seen looks impressive.

There is another video out there describing the model shop and the tech that runs the layout. Super fascinating

Interesting progressive taxi lighting system. I wonder if an actual version of that exists?

Did anyone else see the nekkid people in the car in the parking lot.??

Interesting progressive taxi lighting system. I wonder if an actual version of that exists?

Pretty common internationally. They typically integrate with the ground radar and update lighting segments as the target progresses along the planned route. There is a lot of cool tech in radar interfaces, controller tools, and lighting that hasn't made its way to the US.

The red lines across taxiways are called stop bars and also quite common.

I'v never seen the flashing centerline lights into a gate though. Typically stay away from flashing lights unless there is a need to draw attention for safety reasons. Some ramp controllers have full authority over the ground lighting and will draw a path for aircraft and can use hot side or cold side lighting too.

Reactions: smv

The real life version is called a Surface Movement Guidance and Control System. Controllers can guide aircraft on the airport in extremely low visibility situations by selectively turning on the Taxiway Centerline Lighting.

Reactions: smv
Back