Big Screw Up get the Faa involved or not?

This whole thread consisted of a unhappy customer bitchin about his A&P/

So lets just linch the unlucky bastard, run his wife off, and burn his house for not making all his customers happy.

Sounds like a good plan. "Do your job right or get out of the industry" is exactly the message that should be sent. Errors in aviation are too expensive.

The real issue in this was not that the IA didn't do his job correctly, the real issue is that he did not make good on his mistake. Between incompetence and lack of ethics, I'm just fine running him out of aviation permanently.

The mechanic failed at his technical job, then he failed at his business obligation. His acts are a smear on the entire aircraft maintenance community. The real question is why you cover for and defend him. All he had to do was make good on his mistake which is his liability.

Last edited:
The real issue in this was not that the IA didn't do his job correctly, the real issue is that he did not make good on his mistake. Between incompetence and lack of ethics, I'm just fine running him out of aviation permanently.

The mechanic failed at his technical job, then he failed at his business obligation. His acts are a smear on the entire aircraft maintenance community. The real question is why you cover for and defend him. All he had to do was make good on his mistake which is his liability.

How do you know that, with out knowing the whole story.

The FBO owner did make good.

Who was the one who did not do due diligence, and used the sellers mechanic?

Tom.... You need to re-read what you wrote above 100 times...

The whole story is......... The FBO's owner is making it good because his FAA licensed A&P flat screwed up, BIG TIME..

And to blame the buyer for "Who was the one who did not do due diligence, and used the sellers mechanic".. is an excuse beyond belief..

Good god man,,, get a grip on reality..

I should be able to pull into any FBO and trust the work to be of legal standards. That is why we license and certify mechanics and shops and we have the FAA overseeing them. The only 'due dilligence' I should be required is to check that the guy has the appropriate license. That licenses is proof that the person is supposed to know their job.

The mechanic is the pro here, not the customer. He completed his required due diligence when he contracted a licensed professional that holds out the services requested to the public. When you represent yourself as a professional offering services, you are legally obliged to do them correctly and are liable for the consequences of failure.

When you represent yourself as a professional offering services, you are legally obliged to do them correctly and are liable for the consequences of failure.
If it was just so easy. I cannot tell you the number of times the self called professional I dealt with was nothing more than a professional con man or con woman.

Buyer beware is a policy whenever dealing with "professionals."

Doug

If it was just so easy. I cannot tell you the number of times the self called professional I dealt with was nothing more than a professional con man or con woman.

Buyer beware is a policy whenever dealing with "professionals."

Doug

This is true, that is why we have the tort and licensing system to keep fraud and incompetence at bay in industry. The other solution would be to burn the guys house down and/kill him and his family depending on the result of their error.

This is true, that is why we have the tort and licensing system to keep fraud and incompetence at bay in industry. The
Unfortunately, the ability to sue most of these "professionals" for a job not well done is limited, unless they are physicians, and maybe a few other fields. Try finding a lawyer to sue your plumber, contractor, car mechanic, AV mechanic, etc over a $10,000 bill or less. Try finding a lawyer to sue a lawyer for poor representation. I doubt it can be done. Licensing is a joke. For most professions pass a test(for some), pay your fee and its yours for the taking. Don't get me started on contractors, because I will have more diarrhea of the mouth than usual.

Doug
The other solution would be to burn the guys house down and/kill him and his family depending on the result of their error.
Nah, tar and feathering, and drawing and quartering works fine for me. Its not his family's fault he is a schmuck.

Doug

Unfortunately, the ability to sue most of these "professionals" for a job not well done is limited, unless they are physicians, and maybe a few other fields. Try finding a lawyer to sue your plumber, contractor, car mechanic, AV mechanic, etc over a $10,000 bill or less. Try finding a lawyer to sue a lawyer for poor representation. I doubt it can be done. Licensing is a joke. For most professions pass a test(for some), pay your fee and its yours for the taking. Don't get me started on contractors, because I will have more diarrhea of the mouth than usual.

Doug

Nah, tar and feathering, and drawing and quartering works fine for me. Its not his family's fault he is a schmuck.

Doug

What about when his error costs the life of another's family? Was it their fault he screwed the pooch?

Tom.... You need to re-read what you wrote above 100 times...

The whole story is......... The FBO's owner is making it good because his FAA licensed A&P flat screwed up, BIG TIME..

And to blame the buyer for "Who was the one who did not do due diligence, and used the sellers mechanic".. is an excuse beyond belief..

So let's shut down every FBO and A&P that has unhappy customers.

because that is really all you know about this transaction.

So let's shut down every FBO and A&P that has unhappy customers.

because that is really all you know about this transaction.

Unhappy customer caused by multiple gross errors that had the potential to have a fatal result. Yep, let's shut them all down.

The reality of this is, you only know what is written here, one side of the story.

What did I write 100 times. ?

That when the issue is proven at FSDO the A&P will loose.

That is a big when.

Yep,,, let's shoot our selves in the foot

Beats the shots to the head the incompetents in the industry give us now. If it weren't for that, the FAA wouldn't be involved in GA at all, but the same license that allows errors to kill one and two at a time is the same license that allows errors to kill 600 at a time now.

If mechanics and shops did their jobs correctly and took responsibility for their mistakes, we wouldn't have the FAA as we know it, and if they weren't there, the industry would have an even higher proportion of fraud, theft and incompetence. This is proven out in the auto repair world every day, and the margins on planes are higher so it will attract an even larger proportion of crooks.

Last edited:
how is it shooting ourselves in the foot getting rid of someone who has cagy character or worse professional skills?

Because that's what makes America America, the freedom to make a living however you please regardless of how incompetent you are and how many people you **** over.

this thread as become worthless :lol::lol:

The matter was resolve the FAA never got involved, and i would have the Navion on the hangar by Wednesday :goofy: :yes: :goofy:

this thread as become worthless :lol::lol:
Agreed
The matter was resolve the FAA never got involved, and i would have the Navion on the hangar by Wednesday :goofy: :yes: :goofy:

Goodonya!

how is it shooting ourselves in the foot getting rid of someone who has cagy character or worse professional skills?

Would you like the FAA to make a FAR that says any FBO who has a unhappy customer must go out of business?

That is what Henning wants.

Because that's what makes America America, the freedom to make a living however you please regardless of how incompetent you are and how many people you **** over.

Being a little sarcastic? there are options, there are phones and numbers to call, when you have reason, call.

but don't linch a guy on the internet on the word of one unhappy customer.

Would you like the FAA to make a FAR that says any FBO who has a unhappy customer must go out of business?

That is what Henning wants.

Not at all, I want businesses that do not deliver what they contracted to deliver out of business, you consider that wrong?:dunno:

What about when his error costs the life of another's family? Was it their fault he screwed the pooch?
I think I misunderstood the subject of your post, I was talking about tar and feathering the purveyor of the bad service, not the recipient.

Oh shyte!! I didn't know this was a Navion!!! All bets off, no holds barred, tar and feather everyone associated with the deal, the plane will never darken the skies again, and we can all rest comfortably that the scourge of WWII/Korea is grounded. :yikes::D

j/k I love Navions, but they do present serious mx 'challenges'.

So.... You are happy the A&P who missed critical AD's got a free pass?:dunno:

Is up to his boss. :yes:

The company deliver what i pay for.;)

But after the talk i have with the owner i don't believe he get a free pass

What they do internally is out of my power.:nono:

Not at all, I want businesses that do not deliver what they contracted to deliver out of business, you consider that wrong?:dunno:

No, the FBO made the deal right.

...But after the talk i have with the owner i don't believe he get a free pass...

That's all I've been saying all along skyflea but a Navion? That's cool.

I can understand your disappointment, you've lost trust. That's what you and the others have been harping on but - a Navion? that really makes this story strange.

Back