Big Hail!

Holly Crap, that could hurt ya..

That is some incredible footage.

South Central Kentucky had a similar storm about 10-13 years ago. The hail was so bad most of the cattle in the area didn't make it through the storm. On top of that, EVERY car on EVERY dealer lot was totaled. Hail is nothing to mess with.

Back in '94 M. and I were doing a motorcycle trip from NC through CO, AZ to the North Rim of the Canyon and back. We got caught in a hail storm with little pea-sized hail, no big deal except we were frozen wet and tired.

On the way back, however... :eek:

We were going through OKC. We stopped and got some lemonade and cooled off, then hit the road. I realized pretty quick that I was low on fuel and stopped - but the power was out. Now, between OKC and that stop, we had seen this weird green storm to the north, but didn't think much of it. As the power was out - from that storm - we turned around to go back to OKC for gas as that was a known mileage quantity and I wouldn't have to worry about running out. We got back to that same exit... no power. A semi was overturned on the side of the interstate. That storm and circled around behind us, apparently. Hail and wind had torn that place up. Saw a guys brand new F-150 (still had the sticker on the shattered window), thing looked like a golf ball, but truck-shaped. Riding through some neighborhoods in search of someone with both fuel and power - rode past a mobile home park. You could see all the way through the mobile homes on the open sides of the park - the hail had shredded the sides completely off of 'em. :eek: It was something I was happy we missed on the Harley. :yes:

Back