Big Bud, world largest tractor is back

Oohh...I do have this one...

View attachment 115993
The Oliver is the only tractor my Dad still has. Says it is great sounding tractor, doesn't have any power, but it sure sounds good.

Any more it is just the utility tractor with a loader for plow snow off his driveway and other small property tasks.

Brian

The Oliver is the only tractor my Dad still has. Says it is great sounding tractor, doesn't have any power, but it sure sounds good.

Any more it is just the utility tractor with a loader for plow snow off his driveway and other small property tasks.

Brian
Oliver made some interesting stuff. The 6 cylinder just purrs. Smoothest running engine I've ever heard. Then they used straight cut gears in the transmission, so it's twice as loud as the engine when you're actually moving lol. I agree it doesn't have the torque of its contemporaries. I've always loved the lines. Sitting on it behind that looooong hood feels like you're in an old-timey open wheel racecar, just much higher in the air. They were also one of the few (maybe the only) company to use the GM supercharged 2 stroke diesel. Those "Screaming Jimmy's" are a hoot at the antique tractor pulls.

Back