timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
All,

There's a flyer on the wall of my local airport (SE MO):

40' x 12' bi-fold door, hydraulic, $5,000

I didn't get the phone number but will if anyone is interested.

I just got a quote from Hi-Fold for a 40X14, $5485. that is without skin and without installation - just the door frame with all the hardware, including motor. One would add a jamb reinforcement for $142.08 but that is about all one would have to have.

I think I paid $7200 for a 45 x14 with straps instead of cables, skins and all. Still sitting on ground since winter hit just after construction started. Seems like hydraulics would have added $2000 or so.

If hydraulic And just needs to be installed probably not bad deal. Only issues is shipping gonna take away good deal. I bet hi fold and bifold have deals with transport companies for preferential rates. My dealing with hi fold we're very good.

Last edited:
Only issues is shipping gonna take away good deal.
Yeah, I thought about that too when I was posting this. It needs to be someone relatively local. OTOH new doors have shipping too, no?

I'll try to remember to get more details when I'm out at the airport on Sunday and post them, including the phone number. Surely the price is negotiable, considering "what the heck is someone going to do with a hangar door" that's just laying around?

Anyway, I just thought I'd let folks here know about it in case they were in the market.

The quoted freight on my 40X14 (40X7 when folded) is about $2/loaded mile. Pretty reasonable, I think.

Well, I promised to get more details when I was out at the airport again but the flyer doesn't share much more.

Here it is in its entirety:

For Sale

hangar door

12'x 40' Hydra Swing.

$5,000

Call Scott. 314-359-2392

Now you know absolutely everything that I do!

Back