Bf2

kellyo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
kello
Anyone on forums play BF2? I thinking about buying it?

kellyo said:
Anyone on forums play BF2? I thinking about buying it?

Nope, gonna play BF: Desert Combat tonight though.

i have BF2. i've also played the other BFs ( 1942 & vietnam )

BF2 is definately a pretty good game, .. but also definately a little over-rated. I would say it's in the top 2 for multi-player FPS now ( with the hl2 engine ) but it is still just another first person shooter.

I haven't played it in about a month, .. but if it would be my first choice when I'm in the mood to shoot some stuff up.

You better have a pretty decent computer/video card setup though. It's a resource hog and is a little picky about video cards.

mmilano said:
i have BF2. i've also played the other BFs ( 1942 & vietnam )

BF2 is definately a pretty good game, .. but also definately a little over-rated. I would say it's in the top 2 for multi-player FPS now ( with the hl2 engine ) but it is still just another first person shooter.

I haven't played it in about a month, .. but if it would be my first choice when I'm in the mood to shoot some stuff up.

You better have a pretty decent computer/video card setup though. It's a resource hog and is a little picky about video cards.

What about OFP2...I played the 1st, but it didn't catch on in the US as a good MP game. But was really good game. I went back to playing DF2 again, but got bored with that too. I need something fresh.

haven't played ofp2 or df2. after playing CS, DOD, BF1942, BFV, BHD, and MOH, they just all started seeming so simliar. bf2 is refreshing, especially with all the modern combat vehicles. the helos aren't as fun to fly as in BFV ( they used to be a lot more manuverable ), but it's still worth the $50- if you have the system to run it. flying the jets suck because they go so fast and you have such a limited area to fly in. you're basically flying in circles to avoid going out of bounds.

still though, it is definately refreshing, and if you are like most, you will get addicted to playing it for a while :)

Well I decided to take my $50 and buy my son a toy instead. I probably should have gotten him a box, the 1st thing he did after I opened it was crawled inside the box. LOL.

All I play is Counter-Strike: Source and it's usally just to check on my servers and talk to the staff.

I currently run a network of multiple Counter-Strike servers that are generally always full. Usually at any given time there is over 100 people playing on them. With a player base of at least 1,000 if not more.

I think I have CS still for PC. I might have ebayed it...i'll look for it...is there an IP I can log into directly from my CS manager? I wouldn't mind schooling some of your chums.

bring it! :D ... although you'de be better off playing on jesse's servers :) .. our server is a ghost town. ever since bf2 came out cs activity died down. a few people didn't upgrade to source, .. and the others are just bf2 players for the most part now. images or flash video shows up when they exist on the server ..

that's pretty cool jesse. i've run hl/cs servers since beta 6. i used to program amx plugins, until that died out.

i've done some server-status scripts too. here's an example of one: http://rwc.gameover.com/status/index.php?id=2

i'm about to release a new version which uses AJAX to communicate between php and the server so there is no page refresh required. it updates players every 5 seconds, ..highlights players that recently joined in one color, and bots in another color. here's an example of the new script: http://ocsclan.com/ajax/server_status.php# .. template and config driven.

now a days i have more fun programming little addons or integrating communities into the games. that is when i have the spare time which is becoming less and less.

Back