Beware...

akpilot907

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
citabriav8tr
So, in order to comply with the rules, play fairly, and be "Politically Correct"... I am only allowed to say this...

BE AWARE!!!! SCAMMERS ARE ON POA BOARDS.... I almost got screwed... Be carefull... Thats all I ask for...

Last edited:
yes, we know. this is the third posting you've made about him.

you've made your point.

Ha. iPhone corrected scammers to scanners. That's funny right there.

Out the bastard! What happened??

I'll get the rope. :stirpot:
the OP posted twice, name & screen name, I'm thinking TPTB removed the postings and warned the OP. At least I haven't been able to find the original messages.

The admins removed my original postings...

If you guys really are going to pis and moan because I wouldn't want ANY of you to fall victim, then excuse me...

So many in the US seem to be victims, I certainly don't want to be one of them. What's the story?

You try and sell an airplane to Ben?

The admins removed my original postings...

If you guys really are going to pis and moan because I wouldn't want ANY of you to fall victim, then excuse me...

Nobody's ****ing and moaning. Their website. Their rules. (Shrug...)

They've proven to be relatively levelheaded about such things over a significantly long period of time. If they goofed this once, I'd be surprised. But hey, it could happen. Not likely, but there's always a chance.

Facebook and Twitter are still running, last I checked, if you're looking for somewhere to post the information. Tag it #aviation and it'll get seen by thousands within minutes. Many multiples of thousands within a week.

The Internet is your oyster. Have fun.

Nobody's ****ing and moaning. Their website. Their rules. (Shrug...)

They've proven to be relatively levelheaded about such things over a significantly long period of time. If they goofed this once, I'd be surprised. But hey, it could happen. Not likely, but there's always a chance.

Facebook and Twitter are still running, last I checked, if you're looking for somewhere to post the information. Tag it #aviation and it'll get seen by thousands within minutes. Many multiples of thousands within a week.

The Internet is your oyster. Have fun.

Thanks for the advice. Have a great day.

I'm not blaming the victim here, but can the OP share with us how he or she almost "enabled" said perpetrator to rip them off? Some of us fall victim for more reasons than just trusting someone bent.

I'd be glad to share... I posted a topic in the Classifieds asking for any leads on a particular radio... I received an email from a REALLY new member... Let's call him person A... He/ she sent me an email recommending this guy, let's call him Person B...

Anywho... I emailed personB looking for this Bendix Radio... He said he had it but no photos... I asked him to take photos with his phone with the current local newspaper behind it... He absolutely refused... He harassed my home phone, harassed my wife and even found where I worked... He started yelling at me saying, "he told me he couldn't take photos and that he wanted his 500PBS (British money) which equated out to about 800 bucks...

He wanted his money via money gram, I said that if he didn't have photos, I wasn't buying... He continued to send harassing emails...

I don't believe he was any Nigerian Prince!!! Haha

What's wjrong with Nigerian princes wanting to give you millions on the house? :dunno: if your going to buy anything via the web just use PayPal so you have a guarantee. :yes:

I'd be glad to share... I posted a topic in the Classifieds asking for any leads on a particular radio... I received an email from a REALLY new member... Let's call him person A... He/ she sent me an email recommending this guy, let's call him Person B...

Anywho... I emailed personB looking for this Bendix Radio... He said he had it but no photos... I asked him to take photos with his phone with the current local newspaper behind it... He absolutely refused... He harassed my home phone, harassed my wife and even found where I worked... He started yelling at me saying, "he told me he couldn't take photos and that he wanted his 500PBS (British money) which equated out to about 800 bucks...

He wanted his money via money gram, I said that if he didn't have photos, I wasn't buying... He continued to send harassing emails...

I don't believe he was any Nigerian Prince!!! Haha

Two words: Spam Filter.

Back