Better not show this to Mrs. 6PC...

We have 2 of them in the 22.
We are pretty strict about safety so we wait until we are at least 50 AGL before I kick on the AP and inflate these.

Anything below 50 AGL is just careless.

I guess that means work is in progress for your video entitled, "The Mile High Club, in a Cirrus (a satire)"?

Haaa, I cant wait!

On a side note, how can I install one of those in a C182...?

I guess that means work is in progress for your video entitled, "The Mile High Club, in a Cirrus (a satire)"?
does anyone know what the minimum length a youtube video can be? If they have a min, I'm going to need some software to slow down or loop the video to meet min requirements

Did anyone else click on the pricing?? $5995.00 plus shipping for one to fit a Citation Bravo!! Seems like a lot for a blow up mattress!!! :eek::eek:

Did anyone else click on the pricing?? $5995.00 plus shipping for one to fit a Citation Bravo!! Seems like a lot for a blow up mattress!!! :eek::eek:

it's expensive cause it's a "dealer installed" option. If you got the XLT package withe chrome rims, running boards and real Naugahyde seats then the beds would be included.

well yeah, but blow up dolls are cheaper, maybe more fun too, I dunno, I'll have to ask eman....

it's expensive cause it's a "dealer installed" option. If you got the XLT package withe chrome rims, running boards and real Naugahyde seats then the beds would be included.
This isn't even installed! :eek:

I wonder about the wisdom of inflatables in unpressurized aircraft. If ATC or terrain or poor planning happens to give you an altitude change then you'd think it'd either deflate or burst before you're ready to use it.

I wonder about the wisdom of inflatables in unpressurized aircraft. If ATC or terrain or poor planning happens to give you an altitude change then you'd think it'd either deflate or burst before you're ready to use it.
An ATC altitude change or turbulence isn't going to burst it. Keep in mind that pressurized aircraft are not maintaining sea level pressure inside the aircraft at cruise.

An ATC altitude change or turbulence isn't going to burst it. Keep in mind that pressurized aircraft are not maintaining sea level pressure inside the aircraft at cruise.

True that it isn't sea level pressure, but isn't it a constant pressure above a certain altitude? In that case you'd still be in danger of partial premature deflation.

True that it isn't sea level pressure, but isn't it a constant pressure above a certain altitude? In that case you'd still be in danger of partial premature deflation.

My understanding is that it is a constant pressure differential with the outside air pressure. x PSI above ambient. That means that it varies with the altitude just not as fast. Typically commercial jets maintain a cabin altitude of ~8,000 feet MSL if I understand correctly.

(In the C-172 I don't have to manage this...) :)

John

"Honey, I'm having trouble inflating the mattress."
"Isn't that what those blue pills are for?"

Back