Best Western - movie, TV show, TV series

Unforgiven and Tombstone are my two favorite western movies.

Edit: rtk11's post appeared seconds before mine!

There used to be a movie about an indian that would come on late at night every night on several channels. That was the best. Not a lot of action but fun to watch.

Nauga,
who had that kind of time

Aha! Youtube didn't have it but I managed to find it. Posted in its entirety for your viewing pleasure:

indianhead640x480.gif

Nauga,
the night owl

Aha! Youtube didn't have it but I managed to find it. Posted in its entirety for your viewing pleasure:

indianhead640x480.gif

Nauga,
the night owl

I liked the lead-in and lead out clip to that one. It involved the National Anthem, F-104's, and F-106's, IIRC.

As a kid, grew up with Hopalong Cassidy, Cisco, Red Ryder all Saturday morning programs.

More recently: Lonesome Dove, Dances With Wolves and Spielber's Into the West, (at least the last two brought my people out from the Hollywood take on treacherous redskins! Hate that word. And although it really isn't a western, it does have horses, bounty hunter and Native Americans - Last of the Dogmen. And yes, I am good part Native American so guess I'm biased a bit.

If you like "The Magnificent Seven" and haven't seen "Seven Samurai", check it out.

How could I forget "The Terror of Tiny Town"?!

nauga,
who will avoid the obvious puns

Amazed no one has mentioned Cowboys & Aliens yet.

OK, not really amazed. But it really didn't suck like you'd expect.

Absolutely correct. One of the great movies of all time. Not sure how it didn't come up sooner.

Very overlooked and not seen by many. Just like once upon a time in America.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. How is this even a discussion?

Back