Best way to control unruly passengers?

You mean gifted, as in - the short bus to school? Cause, having two drunks in a GA plane sounds like one of those 'hold my beer and watch this!' events. :yikes:

:yikes:

What have I done to deserve this level of disrespect?

:sad:

FAR 91.17b Except in an emergency, no pilot of a civil aircraft may allow a person who appears to be intoxicated or who demonstrates by manner or physical indications that the individual is under the influence of drugs (except a medical patient under proper care) to be carried in that aircraft.

These two tipsy lovelies did not appear to be intoxicated to the degree described in that FAR. Therefore I did not break any FAR by allowing them into my rented 172.

So this begs the question: What happens if a person becomes intoxicated during the course of the flight? In the strictest interpretation of the above FAR, such a person should be ejected from the plane so clearly that interpretation is not valid. Therefore this FAR does not cover the case where the passenger becomes intoxicated during the flight. Also, who would confirm that the person or persons in question were intoxicated? Not me. I plead the 5th in this case. ;)

These two tipsy lovelies did not appear to be intoxicated to the degree described in that FAR. Therefore I did not break any FAR by allowing them into my rented 172.

So this begs the question: What happens if a person becomes intoxicated during the course of the flight? In the strictest interpretation of the above FAR, such a person should be ejected from the plane so clearly that interpretation is not valid. Therefore this FAR does not cover the case where the passenger becomes intoxicated during the flight. Also, who would confirm that the person or persons in question were intoxicated? Not me. I plead the 5th in this case. ;)

Do you think allowing people to become intoxicated is going to have a lesser reaction from the inspector when said drunk screws your landing?

I'dve paid good money to see them spewing.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)

How high were you flying ? High altitude does wonders with alcohol in the blood .
Next time just ask your drunk passengers to go play outside . :D

Shortly before Martha Stewart went to prison, we picked her & her entourage up at LAX. The trip was to NY. She was so rude to the crew that about 30 minutes from Dayton, I got the OK from dispatch to terminate the flight. The only nice thing she said was: "we'll that was a quick flight." On short final, she started screaming "this isn't f..king NY!" I wanted to say "get off my airplane *****."

If you saw these two ladies, you'd understand why I couldn't do that.

;)

So let me get this right...... You could not land and make these two ladies take a cab because they were hot, but your perfectly fine unloading some stink bombs in the cockpit? Seems both options end in not extra curricular activities if you know what I'm sayin, but one involves having to explain to the person you rent from why the smell of ass won't come out of the interior....... I still don't get it.:dunno:

I would never let someone in that mental state fly next to me in fear of them messing with that yoke on final. Either way.....:needpics:

There are multiple reasons I no longer offer rides to anyone.
Drunks are just one of the reasons. I hate drunks.

Any drunk ***** ****s with my yoke ... (on the airplane) :cool2:

slap_bitch_demotivational_poster-s440x352-82424.jpg

Guys, please be respectful. The ladies in question are nice ladies just got a little tipsy and naughty. That is all. I was only at 8.5k but maybe that made things worse. No pictures sorry.

Guys, please be respectful. The ladies in question are nice ladies just got a little tipsy and naughty. That is all. I was only at 8.5k but maybe that made things worse. No pictures sorry.

Either pics........... or it didn't happen..:nonod:

Can't... One of them is a pilot. Someone here might know her.

Alright Nancy the pilot, without pictures, no one is going to believe you had two hot intoxicated girls with you. Besides, if you did, I would hope you have something better to write about! Just because your buddies may have earrings and long hair, but that does not make them hot chicks.

Alright Nancy the pilot, without pictures, no one is going to believe you had two hot intoxicated girls with you. Besides, if you did, I would hope you have something better to write about! Just because your buddies may have earrings and long hair, but that does not make them hot chicks.

Idiot. Do you really think I'm going to post pictures? I don't have to prove anything to you.

That was not the point of this thread. I was asking for suggestions on how to deal with misbehaving passengers.

By the way... Not the way to impress the ladies to take pictures of them drunk. And posting them on the web? You're a class act.

Now eff off.

Hey Bob, my buddy used to have a VW van like the one pictured in your sig with the middle cut out and welded back together. Was a hoot to ride in and drive. Only problem was with quick stops the back wheels would come off the ground. Brings back memories.....

I've had problems with passengers drinking to excess twice - once on a 135 flight and once several years later on one of the bizjets owned by the company I was working for. Dealing with the charter passengers was easy, we landed at the nearest suitable airport and kicked them off the airplane then flew home. On the corporate jet all I did is report the incident to the chief pilot who reported it to one of the company VPs who called the guy into his office and fired him.

On the oral portion of my check ride, the DME asked me how I would feel about flying a minister who had a few to many drinks at a wedding home. He suggested while not necessarily illegal, it would be a bad idea. My plane, my responsibility for the safety of everybody on board, my rules.

Many years ago I was flying right seat in a pressurized twin turboprop with a group of guys coming back from a party trip and the group in back was still in full party mode as we climbed to cruise. They were getting fairly rambunctious and the pilot just grinned as he dialed the cabin altitude up to about 12,000 feet. Sure enough, within about 20 minutes the higher altitude and the alcohol had taken the life out of the party and they were bedding down for a nap. He dialed it back down and the rest of the trip was quiet.

Impromptu aerobatics always works well for me. You never see people pull their belts down hard and shut their mouths quicker.

Agreed......

One aileron roll will shut them up FAST.....;)..

And I didn't do it on purpose. :nono:... Must have been "wake turbulance":wink2:

^^ Me no clicky -- thanks!

Did you try whipping it out to distract them? All chicks like to see penis when flying. Especially when they're drunk.

Whatever floats your boat, silverhair. To each their own. Enjoy.

I just put on the O2 mask and depressurize the cabin, they go right to sleep.;)
Actually, as much as I used to like to drink, I've never had anyone on board that was drunk. I've had a couple get a little tipsy before landing, but they weren't in the cockpit. ;)
A lady pilot I know says she does this same thing. After they fall asleep she turns the oxygen back up. She has never had them be a real danger, but they are loud, distracting, and often are trying to hit on her. (I don't blame them for that one) She says this works well. It's better than trying to argue with them.

You can also fill a snorting bullet with heroin and give them each a blast, they'll be nodding in a second or two.

Back