Best times to attend OSH on limited time budget

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
I generally go to OSH for a couple of days. The last 2 years it was the first two days. Is it better to go at the beginning, middle or end of show? I like attending forum, seeing displays/air show and looking at product.

I generally go to OSH for a couple of days. The last 2 years it was the first two days. Is it better to go at the beginning, middle or end of show? I like attending forum, seeing displays/air show and looking at product.

The vibe the first part of the week is still full of anticipation and excitement. The middle allows you to catch up with friends that came for the first part and are leaving as well as those who are coming for the last half and just arriving. Many aviators clear out the closing weekend and the townies take over.

The real answer though is: Look at the extended forecast the Saturday before the show and decide when the best weather will be. That dwarfs any other criteria in terms of deciding when to visit.

The vibe the first part of the week is still full of anticipation and excitement. The middle allows you to catch up with friends that came for the first part and are leaving as well as those who are coming for the last half and just arriving. Many aviators clear out the closing weekend and the townies take over.

The real answer though is: Look at the extended forecast the Saturday before the show and decide when the best weather will be. That dwarfs any other criteria in terms of deciding when to visit.

That is exactly right. But if you volunteer on, say, Flightline ops, you will never run out of airplanes to be near.

Thanks, but I don't camp so I need to get accommodations early.

Thanks, but I don't camp so I need to get accommodations early.

Yeah, camping isn't for everyone. But I do have to say, at least for the benefit of other readers who might be on the fence, camping is the way to go. Some of the best times I've had a OSH have been after hours hanging with fellow pilots under the stars and over a beer.

Yeah, camping isn't for everyone. But I do have to say, at least for the benefit of other readers who might be on the fence, camping is the way to go. Some of the best times I've had a OSH have been after hours hanging with fellow pilots under the stars and over a beer.

I wish I was a camper, but never have been...

I like the first two days,like to stay in Appleton,or Green Bay and take the bus transportation. Never had trouble getting a cheap room at the last minute.

Back