Best Replacement Cabin Speaker

lancie00

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
lancie00
We're in the process of changing some radios in our Arrow and the cabin speaker hasn't worked for a long time. Does anyone have a "good" replacement that we can connect to a GMA340 audio panel? I see Aircraft Spruce has some $40 speakers but I'd really rather put back a higher quality replacement.

I don't have a specific answer for you. But I needed a new speaker and bought a good one from a audio store. Volume was weak. Turns out the new one was 8 ohm impedance, the old one 4 ohm. Need to pay attention to that. Probably most aircraft speakers are 4.

Don't throw out your old one. Neal's Speaker Service in Colfax CA can rebuild any speaker you have for about half the cost of a new one and it will then fit the same holes you took the old one out of. I've used them for nearly 40 years and have yet to get a bad one. Here you go: http://www.nealspeakerservice.com/home.html

They have two prices ... wholesale and retail. To any "business" they give wholesale, to individuals retail. Send it from something that sounds like a legitimate business (or have your avionics shop send it) and you get the wholesale price.

Jim

Back