Best Portable ADS-B for FltPlanGo

labbadabba

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
labbadabba
So, family is starting to ask about Christmas shopping presents. I'm hoping to be done with my IR by November so will be looking to really fully take advantage of ADS-B traffic & weather.

I'm a big fan of the FltPlan Go app since it offers almost everything Garmin and FF do and it's free and very well supported.

Has anyone paired this app with any of the available ADS-B boxes available? Any recommendations?

For reference, here are the units available. Lynx L-3 series, Dual XGPS170, iLevil 2 SW, Flight Data System's Pathfinder, and Sagetech Clarity

I use FPG with an XGPS170. Works fine. Supports all the ADS-B features of the app and has been rock solid. Good reception of ground stations using the stock antenna on the glare shield of my Tiger.

It doesn't have AHRS, though, so if you have interest in using the device with an app that works with AHRS to provide attitude instrument backup, the XGPS170 won't do it. The XGPS190 should, but I haven't been able to find much about how well it works.

Check out STRATUX system on Stratux.me web site. FlightPlnGo (Android) is supported.
No AHRS, but he's working on it.

If using an Android device, using Avare (100% free) and using Stratux. I just assembled my Stratux device (which cost me well under $200 all in) and it works great. No subscription fees, weather and traffic included. Pure awesomeness.

Back