Best place to park at Wilmington/New Castle (ILG)

poadeleted3

Pattern Altitude
In a couple weeks I'm going to be picking some passengers up at ILG and dropping them off again later in the day. Where is the best place to park? I wouldn't mind a place that wouldn't charge me a parking fee for a few minutes on their ramp, but it's more important for it to be an FBO that stands out from the street side so it's easy for the passengers to find. Looking at Flight Guide, it looks like Dassault is closest to the terminal, but aside from doing some crash and goes at ILG a couple times I'm not familiar with the place.

Joe,

Ahhhh...a question I can answer. When you land at ILG ask ATC to park at the terminal ramp. You will taxi towards the terminal and park at the far right hand side (parking boxes are painted) there is NO fee. There is an access gate with a code to get back inside. I'll post a drawing when I get home. Feel free to give a shout here at work if you have any questions. 302-571-6375.

If you have some time I'll spring for lunch!!!

Last edited:
GMascelli said:
Joe,

Ahhhh...a question I can answer. When you land at ILG ask ATC to park at the terminal ramp. You will taxi towards the terminal and park at the far right hand side (parking boxes are painted) there is NO fee. There is an access gate with a code to get back inside. I'll post a drawing when I get home. Feel free to give a shout here at work if you have any questions. 302-571-6375.

If you have some time I'll spring for lunch!!!

Don't think I'll have time for lunch, unfortunately, but thanks for the offer, and the info :) My pastor lives about 5 minutes from ILG. I'm picking him and his wife up on the 20th and taking them to Bloomberg so he can preach for a church up there. WX permitting, of course. I'll just be picking them up and leaving in the morning, and dropping them off later that evening. No need for a picture, I can tell from the diagrams where you are talking about. I was assuming I couldn't park there anymore with the advent of airline service, and can't seem to find a number for airport admin, just the FBOs.

Back