Best Pizza

Who has the best pizza?

• Chicago, fresh filled with cheesy goodness. It is eaten by the smartest and best looking people

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • New York, but what do I know, I have sex with farm animals

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nothing is better than the pizza you get at the pizza place next to Big Daddy's on Bourbon St at 4 in the morning!

(Chuckle)

I remember watching a guy step away from the serving window there with a delectable-looking slice of fresh, hot, steaming pizza...

...and he dropped it (PLOP!) landing face-down in the grit and grime and grunge that resides at the interface between wall and sidewalk...

...and he picked it up...

...and he brushed it off...

...and he ATE IT!

That, dear friends, is what liquor can do to you.

---

I have not eaten pizza any better than that available at the Pizza Foundation, in Marfa, Texas. Amazing, but true.

I have not eaten pizza any better than that available at the Pizza Foundation, in Marfa, Texas. Amazing, but true.

hard to tell if its the great pizza or the great friends that make that place so good. probably a little of both.

Hot Tomatoes, Williamstown, MA. Call ~45 minutes prior to arriving at AQW. Inform driver that you will be flying in.

Have pizza delivered to airplane. Eat the best damn pizza made west of Napoli. I ate two pies (well, half of two pies) last week on vacation. Literally a perfect pizza in all ways.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Hot Tomatoes, Williamstown, MA. Call ~45 minutes prior to arriving at AQW. Inform driver that you will be flying in.

Have pizza delivered to airplane. Eat the best damn pizza made west of Napoli. I ate two pies (well, half of two pies) last week on vacation. Literally a perfect pizza in all ways.

Cheers,

-Andrew

hehehe...

when I used to do the MetroNorth commute into NYC (and this was before the cellphone days), we'd pull into Croton on the express to Poughkeepsie. At Croton, we'd order pizzas from the payphone to be delivered to the train at Peekskill. Bribe the conductor with a couple of slices and he'd hold the train to make sure the delivery guys got there. That and the bar car made for a better afternoon commute.

hehehe...

when I used to do the MetroNorth commute into NYC (and this was before the cellphone days), we'd pull into Croton on the express to Poughkeepsie. At Croton, we'd order pizzas from the payphone to be delivered to the train at Peekskill. Bribe the conductor with a couple of slices and he'd hold the train to make sure the delivery guys got there. That and the bar car made for a better afternoon commute.

What's a payphone? :rofl:

:dunno:

"drop a dime"

I went to Six Flags over the weekend and in the area for the Superman roller coaster, they had an actual phone booth as part of the decoration!!! Ya know, to change into your superhero costume.

I went to Six Flags over the weekend and in the area for the Superman roller coaster, they had an actual phone booth as part of the decoration!!! Ya know, to change into your superhero costume.

Go to London. They still have the red phone boxes. I suspect they keep them around to hold the cards advertising, um, "ladies", um.:ihih:

When I was growing up in Omaha, we had a chain called Godfather's Pizza. It was the best damned stuff on earth.

When I was growing up in Omaha, we had a chain called Godfather's Pizza. It was the best damned stuff on earth.

One right by my house still a great place...Zios is the best in Omaha IMO

Is this thread gonna be a sticky?

Last edited:
there are a lot of godfathers chains in iowa. there was one in my hometown but i was never allowed to eat there.

One right by my house still a great place...Zios is the best in Omaha IMO

Is this thread gonna be a sticky?

I haven't had pizza in Omaha since 1988. The next time I'm in that neck of the woods (my sister lives there) I'll have to check it out.

Not sure if this was asked yet:

I like pizza, if it's really really good pizza. If it isn't really really good, I won't even bother.

Do others disagree? Will you eat any pizza?

I like pizza, if it's really really good pizza. If it isn't really really good, I won't even bother.

One word: Dominos. Lotsa *somebodies* buy that carp.

Not me.

Well, I don't recall ever meeting a pizza that was so bad that I wouldn't eat it...

I am particular about my pizza, too. It's got to be good.

Unless (here it comes....) I'm starving and some kind of FBO machine pizza is the only choice.

I will confess to eating good leftover pizza for breakfast. Bad habit I picked up in college.

ill pretty much eat any pizza. cold pizza for breakfast is almost always at least as good as hot pizza the day before.

Here's the address:
29 E Ohio St, Chicago, IL 60611-2707

Supposed to be THE place for Chicago Pizza.
Personally, I really like the original Uno's and Due's, especially the crust. (NEVER go to the franchise places though! :no:). But other good pizza joints in Chicago include the aforementioned Lou Malnatti's, Gino's East (with the sausage patty), and Giordano's.

I love pizza and have sampled all types across the US and int'l. Talk about being clueless - every year, in Roanoke, VA, the best pizza winner claimed by the local media is....Pizza Hut !!! I'll give Chicago cudos for trying but the absolute best is:

New Park Pizza, Howard Beach (KJFK)

Little Vincent's, Lake Ronkonkoma (KISP)

Amore's, Whitestone (KLGA)

Due to cost "fake" cheese is commonly used. Real cheese has oil in it. And of course the sauce makes or breaks the pie.

I love pizza and have sampled all types across the US and int'l. Talk about being clueless - every year, in Roanoke, VA, the best pizza winner claimed by the local media is....Pizza Hut !!! I'll give Chicago cudos for trying but the absolute best is:

Due to cost "fake" cheese is commonly used. Real cheese has oil in it. And of course the sauce makes or breaks the pie.

Welcome to POA, and may I congratulate you for choosing such a crucial and relevant topic for your first post.

As for New Park Pizza, very, very good. Same for Amore's, which is only a hop and a skip (not even a jump) away from me. If only their Web site (horrid) were as good as Andy's pies (excellent). Never tried Little Vincent's, although it's now on my to-do list.

But barring an unexpected upset when that happens, Lenny's in Brooklyn still rules the day.

-Rich

Well that is one strike against you. What are your feeling about ketchups on hotdogs? :cornut::cornut::cornut:

Oh and welcome. Thanks for posting in one of the more whimsical, silly threads we have. :cheerswine::cheerswine:

Gee, Fair and Balanced Poll. I vote for CHICAGO!

"You can't fool me I vote Pucinski".....

Last edited:
Lets put it to a vote.

I don't really have a preference - have had good, bad and indifferent of both styles. It would seem that the old adage "You Get What You Pay For" doesn't necessarily hold true where pizza is concerned. What do I buy? More often than not a 16" Pepperoni from Sam's Club. The whole family likes it, and at under $10 it is hard to beat in the "Bang For the Buck" category. As others have mentioned, the quality can vary considerably from one store to another.

Dave

Welcome to POA, and may I congratulate you for choosing such a crucial and relevant topic for your first post.

As for New Park Pizza, very, very good. Same for Amore's, which is only a hop and a skip (not even a jump) away from me. If only their Web site (horrid) were as good as Andy's pies (excellent). Never tried Little Vincent's, although it's now on my to-do list.

But barring an unexpected upset when that happens, Lenny's in Brooklyn still rules the day.

-Rich

Thanks for the welcome Rich.

As stated, pizza is near and dear. Little Vincent's has a store in downtown Huntington also but serves ONLY pizza (open till 4am on fri/sat). Lake Ronkonkoma has a full menu of excellent italian food. My to-do list....Lenny's.

Steven

Back