Best parts supplier

stingray

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel Michaels
Or rather the cheapest.

I need a Cessna part 0552130-11 carb heat seal ass. Stupid little plastic piece that is $175.00.

Where does everyone shop for parts?

Dan

Aviation Department of ACE Hardware or Lowes. :D :D

Not sure what the carb heat seal ass is, but if its the little valve that diverts the hot air off of the muffler, it's a weirdo part unlikely to be at Spruce or McFarlane.

If it's a part not subject to wear, you could hit up any number of aircraft salvage yards -- we use Kenny Faeth because we're on the West Coast, but Cessna Pilots Association has a nice list of them nationwide.

If its the butterfly valve assembly, I recall Wag Aero or similar shop sold a rebuild kit to replace the shaft and the bushings only, which effected the repair, and it was inexpensive. This was 5yrs ago, not sure if this is still available.

Your mechanic gets a 20% discount through most Cessna houses. If you're doing this "as preventative maintenance", then snuggle up to your local FBO and have them order the part for ya.

$0.02

- Mike

Not sure what the carb heat seal ass is, but if its the little valve that diverts the hot air off of the muffler, it's a weirdo part unlikely to be at Spruce or McFarlane.

If it's a part not subject to wear, you could hit up any number of aircraft salvage yards -- we use Kenny Faeth because we're on the West Coast, but Cessna Pilots Association has a nice list of them nationwide.

If its the butterfly valve assembly, I recall Wag Aero or similar shop sold a rebuild kit to replace the shaft and the bushings only, which effected the repair, and it was inexpensive. This was 5yrs ago, not sure if this is still available.

Your mechanic gets a 20% discount through most Cessna houses. If you're doing this "as preventative maintenance", then snuggle up to your local FBO and have them order the part for ya.

$0.02

- Mike

Mike I am the mechanic, I was hoping someone had a supplier that discounted better.

I just rebuilt the air box with new bearings, shaft, and beefed it up from cracks. There is a plastic part that goes on the front that has baffling material attached to it. It seals the box to the cowling. Plastic pieces are all busted up. I thought about used, but what chance would I have that it would be any better.

Dan

What would the problem be with looking at the form, function, and fit and tinbending up a piece of thin aluminum to fasten between the heatbox and the baffling/cowling? Your owner could do a quick sketch of what was needed and then you could build the part to 21.303 (b)(2).

Jim

Mike I am the mechanic, I was hoping someone had a supplier that discounted better.

I just rebuilt the air box with new bearings, shaft, and beefed it up from cracks. There is a plastic part that goes on the front that has baffling material attached to it. It seals the box to the cowling. Plastic pieces are all busted up. I thought about used, but what chance would I have that it would be any better.

Dan

Gotcha -- let me run it through partsbase and see if anyone bids any better. I'm on some free trial for the thing, and so far the bids have been rotten, but it can't hurt. :)

I'll post em up around noon tomorrow, usually I'll get 5 or 6 RFP responses by then.

If you have all of the pieces of the plastic, actually thermoplastic, you can buy a plastic repair kit from Texas Aeroplastics. Cut up a small amount of the thermoplastic material and dissolve it in MEK. Clean the Carb ass with MEK and bond the pieces together using the previously made mixture.

If you have all of the pieces of the plastic, actually thermoplastic, you can buy a plastic repair kit from Texas Aeroplastics. Cut up a small amount of the thermoplastic material and dissolve it in MEK. Clean the Carb ass with MEK and bond the pieces together using the previously made mixture.

I don't, I only have about half. It is formed like a bowl or I would just make one out of aluminum. If I knew what it looked like it may be easier. Trouble is it is hard to know how it sits because it is too hard to get inside the cowl while it is on.

Dan

Awesome.

I got 6 quotes. 5 were for $155 - $163, and one is in AUS and is $75, maybe he didnt get the "gouge the customer" memo :)

Seal asses are pricey!

here's the details on that:

STOCK,NS,75.00

THANKS,CLIFF AVIATION AIR PARTS PH. +61-417-710-481 FAX +61-755-962-594 EMAIL: dbandc@hotmail.com

Awesome.

I got 6 quotes. 5 were for $155 - $163, and one is in AUS and is $75, maybe he didnt get the "gouge the customer" memo :)

Seal asses are pricey!

here's the details on that:

STOCK,NS,75.00

THANKS,CLIFF AVIATION AIR PARTS PH. +61-417-710-481 FAX +61-755-962-594 EMAIL: dbandc@hotmail.com

Thanks Mike I e-mailed him

Dan

Well, If you don't have all the pieces of your ass, I can suggest two more alternatives to buying an ass from Cessna. First is Dawson Aircraft salvage, great folks to deal with and an excellent website. Number two, Preferred Airparts who have a huge stock of NOS aircraft parts. Good luck in your ass search!!!:smile:

Think it's too much money to replace the seat rollers when they need it. Well, if you wait, it grinds off the little tabs that hold the seat on. $750.00 a set to replace the holders and seat rails. That's only for one seat and does not include the rollers (I had already ordered them). Funny thing is I looked back in the log books at the last 10 100 hr inspections, "Inspected seat track and attachments found within limits as per AD". So it was the last few hrs that ground them down far enough that one snapped off.

No wonder annuals cost so much.

Dan

Back