Best Iphone App for local Flight Breifing

brcase

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Brian
I have been using DTC DUAT app which is fair for a quick breifing for a local flight.
Pro, about two clicks to see if any TFR's in the state.
saved briefing for Notums.
Cons,, clicking on the state doesn't take to the TFRs shown
complicated to get detailed (map) of actual TFR
saved briefings are always for a specific time instead something like 15 minutes from now..

What I would really like is an app that I just click something like local briefing and it shows me TFRS within 100 miles of my current location (it knows due to GPS) and any Notams with 25miles (or specified distance)

If I were an active flight instructor I might be doing 6 or 8 briefings like this per day, most students or recreational flyers would like something like this also where in about 30 seconds you can check local TFR's and Notams without having to enter much or any information.

anybody know of any Apps like this. (note, I have WingX, it is fair but still takes a bit of navigation through the app to get this information)

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You probably already know about ForeFlight, which shows them on the chart. What don't you like about it?

If you have Weathermeister you can set it up to give you TFR alerts within a range you specify.

Back