Best Indicator For Garmin GPS-500

DwayneSmithUSMC

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
DwayneSmithUSMC
Hey. I'm looking for a good indicator to pair with my new Garmin GPS-500. I will be sending it away for a WAAS upgrade next year so I'm looking for an indicator that has GS capability. I have a KI 209 installed right now and I would like to add another indicator specifically for the GPS.

The install manual will tell you which ones are compatible with it. Basically, the Garmin indicators, a couple of Mid-Continent indicators (same as the Garmin), and a couple of King indicators. They're all basically functionally the same, I'd got with whatever you can get the best price on.

The install manual will tell you which ones are compatible with it. Basically, the Garmin indicators, a couple of Mid-Continent indicators (same as the Garmin), and a couple of King indicators. They're all basically functionally the same, I'd got with whatever you can get the best price on.

This. The Mid-Continent usually are a couple hundred bucks cheaper than the Garmin ones through most dealers/shops. We used one with our GTN 650.

No use paying for the Garmin logo, but you do have to use the ones they say are approved.

Back