Best IFR Ground Training

ChrisRikli

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Chris
I passed my PPL checkride Thursday and got my complex endorsement this morning from the same school but for various reasons I'm not going to be using them for my IFR training.

I do, however, want to begin my IFR education. My VFR training was the Cessna branded stuff from the Kings and it was decent but they don't offer a comprehensive online course yet.

Thoughts?

Edit: I'm new and still figuring out where is the right place to post stuff...if this should be in the IFR forum please move it. :)

Last edited:
This may not be the comprehensive online IFR course that you're looking for but I used the Kings Instrument Rating Knowledge Test Course to prepare for the IRA knowledge test and was pretty pleased with it (scored 97% on the knowledge test). It's available in both online and disc-based versions.
--Jim

I've been using the Sporty's IR online course. I'd say its so-so. If you are motivated to hit the books yourself when needed it might work for you.

There's only a few comprehensive courses I know of, Cessna of course (I think they are comming out with the instrument version but I don't really know when), Sportys which I've also heard is So-so and I personally was not impressed with their CD course, and now Jepp. If you don't want Cessna, I'd check out Jeppesen. If all else fails, you can always do it the old fashion way with the books. I actually used ASA's Instrument Test prep CD course and the books. We didn't have online courses when I did instrument. :)

There's only a few comprehensive courses I know of, Cessna of course (I think they are comming out with the instrument version but I don't really know when), Sportys which I've also heard is So-so and I personally was not impressed with their CD course, and now Jepp. If you don't want Cessna, I'd check out Jeppesen. If all else fails, you can always do it the old fashion way with the books. I actually used ASA's Instrument Test prep CD course and the books. We didn't have online courses when I did instrument. :)
Why thank you Tristar. I should have asked you yesterday morning when you signed me off in the RG! :D

Small world ain't it!! I thought that post was too much of a coincidence! ;)

Welcome to POA!

Back