Best GoPro Settings

FPK1

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
FPK1
I have a GoPro Hero 9 Black. I have it installed inside my plane hanging from the ceiling between front and back seats. It records the flight controls, glass cockpit and outside the front windscreen (and all audio communications).

I'm disappointed with the recordings looking through the windscreen as they pickup a lot of glare. The recordings out the side windows look great. I'm currently using the Max Lens mod but am now thinking of going to a ND filtered lens.

Has anyone with a similar setup found the perfect combination of lens and camera settings? If so, please share.

Thanks!

Been. Using go pro since version 2. Presently use one in front of me using a suction mount on the windshield and the previous owner of my plane put a glue mount on the wing and use that. Get great video from both and no glare. Major issue was recording time but fixed that with off market external batteries and now have over three hours of recording.

Thanks that was helpful. What resolution and FPS do you use with your Hero 8? Any other settings you tweak?
I use 4K/24fps/Linear and the noted prop filter on the forward facing camera.

Back