Best free anti-virus software

Capt.Crash'n'Burn

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Capt.Crash'n'Burn
I'm currently using AVG free 9.0, it has prevented any new infections, buy my computer is already infected with malware that hogs up most of my system RAM.

I was wondering if there was something out there that works just as good, that doesn't slow my computer to a crawl when it it running a scan.

I use AVG as well, but set it to scan while I'm at work (noon). I stop the scan on weekends if I'm using it.

I never turn my computer off.

I used to have AVG but after reading some other posts here, I recently switched to MS Security Essentials when I recently did a full re-install of my laptop.

It seems faster and less of a resource hog than any other antivirus program I've tried.

I use AVG and am reasonably successful with it. I also have malware bytes and ccleaner installed on my PC. In the past ~5 years my PC has gotten some sort of virus twice, and a reboot in safe mode followed by running ccleaner and malware bytes has fixed things. Both of those programs are freeware.

I use AVG and am reasonably successful with it. I also have malware bytes and ccleaner installed on my PC. In the past ~5 years my PC has gotten some sort of virus twice, and a reboot in safe mode followed by running ccleaner and malware bytes has fixed things. Both of those programs are freeware.

+1 on the Malware bytes program

Spybot is another good one

Back