Best crew car availability info

4RNB

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
4RNB
I'm looking around online for the best crew car availability resource. One has reviews from 2018. AOPA seems to not have accurate info.

Is there a reliable way of knowing crew car availability prior to or while flying without calling ahead?

Thank you.

You pretty much have to call. Sometimes that information is in foreflight or on a website like airnav but it's entirely reliant on someone not only putting that information out there but keeping it updated. In my experience most FBOs do a poor job of that if they do it at all. Also bear in mind that most FBOs will not hold/reserve a car so it's entirely possible someone might arrive between when you call and when you get there and take it.

Airnav.com , go to the airport then scroll down to FBO information. That’s quite good for determining if the FBO claims to have crew cars, but I would still phone because someone might already have borrowed the car, or it might be in the shop, and that sort of daily info isn’t going to be on any website.

At our FBO, you can call ahead and reserve the courtesy car for up to two hours. If someone arrives ahead of you, we may make another airport vehicle available for them, but it is likely to be a pickup truck, not our crew car Cadillac.

I would call the FBO and ask if they have a car and if so, what their policy on it is.

At our FBO, you can call ahead and reserve the courtesy car for up to two hours. If someone arrives ahead of you, we may make another airport vehicle available for them, but it is likely to be a pickup truck, not our crew car Cadillac.

I want to fly into your airport. Cadillac crew car? Up here, if a crew car is available at all, it’s something from the 70s like the photo below.

80953570-B6DF-43A3-9B0E-9F447B1DDE1E.png

www.airportcourtesycars.com

It's not perfect, but it's a pretty good resource. As with all these crowd sourced sites, it's only as good as the info people provide. I try to email when I find a courtesy car, and the owner does still update it.

Back