best chimney cleaning tools

Regular brush. For metal chimneys get synthetic not metal.

If it's been a while, might be worth sending a fiber optic down for a visual. Did mine, and found serious corrosion and holes in the inner pipe. Supposed to have been double walled stainless, so I assumed it'd check good. Y'never know for sure.

as in.....the first link?

Yeah, and you'll need enough fiberglass poles to reach top to bottom...at least three of 'em. I THINK they're 6' long. If they're only 5' then you'll need 4 (based upon your 20' statement).

Since you have a wood stove you shouldn't need to worry about cleaning the smoke shelf afterwards but (at least I don't THINK you have one) but anyone with the fireplace needs to make sure they clean up all the debris that landed on it from cleaning the flue or, over the years, the crap will build up. Worst case, it could catch fire, best case it reduces the effectiveness of the smoke shelf.

I think I can catch a porcupine, will that work?!

I think the combination of white feathers and chickenly wiggling tends to favor the fowl. But Bob is apparently the expert.

Dave, we just got some chimney cleaning things. You're welcome to borrow and let us know how it worked... Kevin is yet to climb the roof -high A frame house..

Well maybe not, I just checked and it's 8" steel brush . But the poles that attach to it might work for you with a different brush

A truly generous offer, Jeanie! Thank you!
What time can Kevin come over?

I imagine you two could commiserate over it when it's warmer and clearer than it is and might be mañana...

Back