Best book for the ATP written, and a few questions

turbofan

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
turbofan
I'm wondering what the best book to study for the ATP written is. It's been a while since I have taken any FAA written tests... is the ATP just like every other one? Multiple choice and you can buy a book that has the question bank before hand?

Also, taking the written before July 31st means you have 2 years to reach the hour requirements for a restricted ATP without taking the formal training program (or whatever the new rule is), correct?

Yep

Or do the one day blitz and test at ATP Inc.

If you want a good book though Id recommend "Everything Explained for the Professional Pilot" and "From the Ground Up".

If you are trying to beat the ATP deadline you're going to want to go with Shepherd air or ATP Inc.

I'll also suggest scheduling your test now. The testing centers are starting to fill up with last minute ATP test takers. As I mentioned on the other ATP written thread, I just passed it with Sheppard air. It will get the job done.

Also, the test will most certainly be 90 questions, with only 80 that count. The faa is testing their new material--you won't see it in the test prep material but it won't count against you. Hint: on mine they asked about Vref six different ways, with all the same answer.

Back