Best ADS-B to use with iFly app on iPad?

Fsbell1

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Fsbell1
Hey all, I use iFly on my iPad mini 4 and my old Dual GPS has kicked the bucket. I'd like to get an ADS-B in module with GPS / AHRS / Weather that will work well with iFly.

Suggestions? Preferably under $400.

Thanks in advance!

---Frank---

iFly user here as well. They support a lot of devices, I normally use it with my Dynon Skyview Wifi, or one of the Levil Aviation devices. For something cheaper, I think I've seen a number of the pilots on the iFly forum using the Stratux device.

I have used the homemade Stratux ADS=B in and it worked well. You can build those for around $200.

I have used the homemade Stratux ADS=B in and it worked well. You can build those for around $200.

How does the homemade stratux unit connect with the EFB? Does it have it's own WiFi?

How does the homemade stratux unit connect with the EFB? Does it have it's own WiFi?
It is based on a Raspberry Pi 3B which has a wifi module. Works great. You can buy pre-assembled kits or just order the parts and build your own.

I have an iFly 740b and in the beginning I used a Stratux based on the Raspberry Pi that worked very well (no AHRS). I recently installed ADSB in/out in the form of the Echo UAT unit (experimental aircraft only) and the iFly unit works extremely well with this setup also.

Back