Bermuda Triangle

Corpsmaide

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Corpsmaide
I am conducting some research for a speech and would like to know if anyone here has had any unusual experiences while flying in this undefined area or if you know of anyone who has. No names will be dropped during my speech. :yes: thank you in advance!!

I am conducting some research for a speech and would like to know if anyone here has had any unusual experiences while flying in this undefined area or if you know of anyone who has. No names will be dropped during my speech. :yes: thank you in advance!!

Will you be dropping any dimes?

From 1970-1973 I logged hundreds of hours in that area.
Absolutely NOTHING unusual happened.

Actually, that is unusual, considering they were USAF owned and maintained aircraft.
I need to send my former crew chief a bottle of expensive Scotch.

From 1970-1973 I logged hundreds of hours in that area.
Absolutely NOTHING unusual happened.

Actually, that is unusual, considering they were USAF owned and maintained aircraft.
I need to send my former crew chief a bottle of expensive Scotch.

Crew chiefs tend to mess stuff up. I remember they would drop tools on planes. Bird strike...yea right! I was a structures troop. I spent a lot of time fixing their messes. Another thing they would do is try to remove screws without scrapping the paint out of the heads first, which would cause them to become stuck screws. Good times though:yes:

Thank for your response.

IIRC I saw somewhere that given the traffic level the Bermuda Triangle is one of the safest areas of coastal waters to be. The point was driven home by marking a similarly sized area off on a map just off the west coast of the Med noting the higher number of disappearances.

Wish I knew where so I could dig it back up

Flew in that area numerous times... Boated in that area for 20 years... Absolutely nothing surprising.......... Except back in the 70's-80's, the druggie pirates would board unsuspecting boats, shoot the people on board and use the boat for their smuggling... and then sink it to cover their crime I am sure ALOT of the boating horror stories revolved around that fact... YMMV..

Last edited:
More than ten times the number of aircraft have disappeared without a trace over the continental U.S. than in the Bermuda Triangle.

So, for all of us who have experienced weird things outside the triangle, are we to be excluded?

More than ten times the number of aircraft have disappeared without a trace over the continental U.S. than in the Bermuda Triangle.

So, for all of us who have experienced weird things outside the triangle, are we to be excluded?

Neat bit of info...unfortunately yes for the purpose of this thread. Maybe another thread is in order for sightings or strange/weird things, I'd be interested in hearing about them

Served three tours at various bases in Florida, (Miami, Clearwater and Key West), flew more than a few hours SAR and interdiction patrols in US and Bahamian airspace. Never encountered anything out of the ordinary, nor have I ever met anyone who has.

Last edited:
Crew chiefs tend to mess stuff up. I remember they would drop tools on planes. Bird strike...yea right! I was a structures troop. I spent a lot of time fixing their messes. Another thing they would do is try to remove screws without scrapping the paint out of the heads first, which would cause them to become stuck screws. Good times though:yes:

Thank for your response.

I had the best crew chief on the planet. If he said the plane was good to go, I knew it was good to go. If he said no, I didn't go. He is the only one from my old outfit I stay in touch with.

The Bermuda Triangle was a tired legend brought back to life in the 70s by Charles Berlitz and fueled by anecdotes of lost planes and boats...in an area that heavily trafficked by drug dealers and insurance scammers.

I've had what I believe to be an unusual experience in the Bermuda Triangle - I flew there with a GPS on board, and I didn't disappear! :D

Anyone seen or heard from iASCIIart recently? Anyone know where he disappeared?
If anyone has any info please post it. Thanks

Anyone seen or heard from iASCIIart recently? Anyone know where he disappeared?
If anyone has any info please post it. Thanks

ROFL... you mean like the post directly above yours? That's Kent... and he's here... LOL!

ROFL... you mean like the post directly above yours? That's Kent... and he's here... LOL!

Are you sure it's him? After all he flew into the Bermuda Triangle. Has anyone seen him in person?
Or maybe he's
Pod People! aaaaahhhhhh! :yikes:

Sorry, Kent couldn't resist..
You are actually Kent, right?

Last edited:
You guys would probably even claim that the pyramids weren't built by space aliens, the alien autopsies were fake, and the moon landings were real. Get with the program.

Once I was flying through the area and I was on the planes WiFi. I logged into PoA and made a post that everyone agreed with.

What's even more strange, when I landed the ENTIRE THREAD was gone! To this day it remains missing.

...spooky.

......What's even more strange, when I landed the ENTIRE THREAD was gone! To this day it remains missing.

...spooky.

Not strange at all..... Look in the twilight..Oops. Spin zone.... it is hiding over there..:yes::lol::rofl:

Did they ever determine what company policy the debate was about? Did they post it on PoA (was this you Captain? - see below)

Once I was flying through the area and I was on the planes WiFi. I logged into PoA and made a post that everyone agreed with.

What's even more strange, when I landed the ENTIRE THREAD was gone! To this day it remains missing.

...spooky.
LoL:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Are you sure it's him? After all he flew into the Bermuda Triangle. Has anyone seen him in person?
Or maybe he's
Pod People! aaaaahhhhhh! :yikes:

Sorry, Kent couldn't resist..
You are actually Kent, right?

I think so! :D

Back