Bentonville, AR (KVBT)---New FBO Bldg and Restaurant!

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
Flew to Bentonville yesterday to visit Crystal Bridges. I was surprised to see a brand new FBO building (The Thaden Fieldhouse) at the extreme NW corner of the field. Once inside I saw that there was a restaurant in the building also! I didn't eat there, had already made other plans, but it looks like a really nice bar/restaurant. And it was hopping at 1pm yesterday. Louise @ Thaden Field = https://www.louise.cafe/

Looks like it'd be a great place to meet for Saturday or Sunday brunch sometime!

The folks at the FBO (Summit Aviation) are top notch also. It's a great stop, always has been even when the FBO was across the field at the old location...which was quite acceptable also.

As an aside, ForeFlight shows Louise to be 0.4 miles from the airport. When I reported to them this morning that this is incorrect, that it's ON THE FIELD, they responded that distances are measured from the airport center. Really? That's friggin' stoooooopid. So I responded with:

Thanks Jeremy,

But it’s silly to tag a restaurant as being a ½ mile from the field when it’s actually ON the field and you can literally taxi up to the front door. Maybe an add’l tag that says ON THE FIELD is needed!!!???

Tim

Last edited:
Snap some menu pics!!

Flew to Bentonville yesterday to visit Crystal Bridges. I was surprised to see a brand new FBO building (The Thaden Fieldhouse) at the extreme NW corner of the field. Once inside I saw that there was a restaurant in the building also! I didn't eat there, had already made plans, but it looks like a really nice bar/restaurant. And it was hopping at 1pm yesterday. Louise @ Thaden Field = https://www.louise.cafe/

Looks like it'd be a great place to meet for Saturday or Sunday brunch sometime!

The folks at the FBO (Summit Aviation) are top notch also. It's a great stop, always has been even when the FBO was across the field at the old location...which was quite acceptable also.

As an aside, ForeFlight shows Louise to be 0.4 miles from the airport. When I reported to them this morning that this is incorrect, that it's ON THE FIELD, they responded that distances are measured from the airport center. Really? That's friggin' stoooooopid. So I responded with:

Thanks Jeremy,

But it’s silly to tag a restaurant as being a ½ mile from the field when it’s actually ON the field and you can literally taxi up to the front door. Maybe an add’l tag that says ON THE FIELD is needed!!!???

Tim

You could also go into the comments section of that airport on FF and note that.

My bad... got excited and didn’t read the whole thread.....

Back