benign positional vertigo

U

Unregistered

I had a spell of dizziness awhile ago, and it was actually pretty bad. Unfortunately, I let my spouse drag me to the emergency room. They ran all kinds of tests, including a CAT scan (hey! I have a brain!), and couldn't find anything, and diagnosed it as benign positional vertigo. I've never had it before, and it hasn't recurred. I know that vertigo is disqualifying, but there are different kinds, and this seems to have been a one-off thing. The doc said it may never happen again. Is this going to disqualify me? How should I report it when I go to renew my medical?

I also had to up my BP medication. I understand that BP medication commonly has to be updated, and I had been on the same type/dose for at least 6 years, so the fact that I had to raise the dose doesn't seem like it should be a big deal, but again, how should I report it? I already know I have to get a note from my doctor; does this require any extra effort?

I have had a similar occurrence of vertigo. A letter from your primary physician submitted to your AME characterizing the benign nature of the event should be all you need when you renew your medical. I did not need anything else extraordinary to renew a Class II airman's medical certificate. It has been 5 years since my event and have had no related problems to date.

I have no experience with BP medication.

I had a spell of dizziness awhile ago, and it was actually pretty bad. Unfortunately, I let my spouse drag me to the emergency room. They ran all kinds of tests, including a CAT scan (hey! I have a brain!), and couldn't find anything, and diagnosed it as benign positional vertigo. I've never had it before, and it hasn't recurred. I know that vertigo is disqualifying, but there are different kinds, and this seems to have been a one-off thing. The doc said it may never happen again. Is this going to disqualify me? How should I report it when I go to renew my medical?

I also had to up my BP medication. I understand that BP medication commonly has to be updated, and I had been on the same type/dose for at least 6 years, so the fact that I had to raise the dose doesn't seem like it should be a big deal, but again, how should I report it? I already know I have to get a note from my doctor; does this require any extra effort?

Benign proxysmal positional vertigo is OK once it's gone. Viral vertigo also comes and passes. Just bring a letter from the treating docs saying it's so.

Benign proxysmal positional vertigo is OK once it's gone. Viral vertigo also comes and passes. Just bring a letter from the treating docs saying it's so.

Whew! You have really eased my mind! Bruce C, the treating physician was an ER doc. Do I have to get a letter from him, or will one from my primary care physician suffice?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back