Benefits of working with your CFI...

Hobobiker

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hobo
I'm learning sectionals and Tacs, and was doing some studying at lunch in my office today. Having a few issues related to determining airspace (some of which are due to my color issues, but I can find ways around those), and some basic questions. Tossed my CFI a txt asking to talk about some questions sometime, as we haven't had any schooling on this topic yet, I've just been reading. He and I happen to work at the same hospital. He shoots me a txt that he is taking a break and will be in my office in two minutes. Very Cool! He spent ten minutes going over some things that made a lot of sense and I can continue on my own from there. Sometimes the in-person training just adds clarity to what a book is trying to explain.

Just a shameless plug for my CFI, since it seems I have one of the "good ones" compared to some others' experiences...

I constantly texted my CFI questions. He replied fairly quickly via text. Eventually he'd say "where do you come up with these question?!" :) It was more trying to stump him was my angle. :) Glad you have a good CFI.

I have my phone configured to add 1 hour of billable time to my student's account every time they text me. I really do like the messages.

I have my phone configured to add 1 hour of billable time to my student's account every time they text me. I really do like the messages.

You should set up a 900 number! :lol:

He spent ten minutes going over some things that made a lot of sense and I can continue on my own from there. Sometimes the in-person training just adds clarity to what a book is trying to explain.

Just a shameless plug for my CFI, since it seems I have one of the "good ones" compared to some others' experiences...

Sometimes, we all need another way to process the knowledge. You definitely have a top 10% flight instructor.

I have become friends with my CFI, so we text all the time. Sometimes it's about flying.

I have a great relationship with the CFI I got my PPL with. He is a guy that is almost always available and truly loves to teach.

I get txts from students at all hours of the day and night. If I'm awake, I answer them....just like when we're flying! :) I have not yet implemented Jesse's automated billing, but figure it will all come out in the wash. I find it's also convenient for supervising solos. Once signed off for repeated solos, I just ask they txt me to confirm weather conditions before they go, and txt me a summary of the flight when they get back.

Back