BendixKing xVue Touch - Experimental

I think I didn’t even click on it because there’s little indication Honeywell/BK can handle the customer service side of GA. Harsh, but that’s my opinion.

Yea I was a bit surprised to see it. Only saw it because it was in an internal Honeywell Aerospace video. Price seems reasonable. Wonder how they will compete against Dynon, etc.

I think I didn’t even click on it because there’s little indication Honeywell/BK can handle the customer service side of GA. Harsh, but that’s my opinion.
Looked at it for you. It is only slightly better than the Silver Crown avionics you have.

Actually surprised more people haven’t commented on this.

Too little too late in my opinion. It would have to be a pretty big discount for me to consider them over all the other established players in the segment.

Actually surprised more people haven’t commented on this.

They are gonna have to get some early adopters on board. Dynon and Garmin own the market and it'll take some work on BK's part to regain any of the traction they lost over the last 15 years.

They are gonna have to get some early adopters on board. Dynon and Garmin own the market and it'll take some work on BK's part to regain any of the traction they lost over the last 15 years.

Oh I completely agree...

Hmmm. Substantially more than an equivalent Dynon product, with no indication that I can see that they include or have any plans for engine monitoring, AP, integrated control of radios, transponder, intercom, etc.

In short, just about what I would expect from BK. Too little and much too late for the experimental market in my humble opinion.

Few grand more than a skyview and half the functionality, I'll pass thank you. Bk has been superceeded, their booth at SnF was empty when I walked by.

Bob

Last edited:
A little late to the dance. Wish them luck.

Actually the product looks very promising. Looks like they took steps to reduce installation costs and keep the unit to a concise package.

If this thing is as hearty as the KX-155 or the best of the silver crown series, they will do well when available for the certified market. If it's like the capability and support for the KSN-770 MFD, forget it.

What's happened to King is really sad. They used to be the best avionics makers, King radios are found in aircraft everywhere. They made some of the first IFR GPS units as well, stuff thats still flying, heck I've got one. Now they're just the butt of jokes.

What's happened to King is really sad. They used to be the best avionics makers, King radios are found in aircraft everywhere. They made some of the first IFR GPS units as well, stuff thats still flying, heck I've got one. Now they're just the butt of jokes.

Maybe they got "Honeywellized"

I confess to dissing Bendix/King over recent years. I think this new Aero Vue EFIS has tremendous promise. It is substantially less expensive then Garmin's very similar G500TXi. Robust competition is good.

We have Dynon becoming certified from the experiential/home built world and now Bendix taking their jet systems down to GA. Like it, seeing more than just Garmin. Hopefully obsolete Aspen will get back in the game too.

We had a fairly interesting meeting today with one of the VPs...Honeywell obviously is heavily involved with commercial avionics, but hasn't done much in GA recently. He made it sound like they wanted to really get back in the GA market. Idk...seems like they are a day late and a dollar sort, but I suppose it would be good for the market.

Honeywell seems to really push the importance of the 2020 ADS-B mandate, but I wonder how many KT74 transponders they have actually sold.

We had a fairly interesting meeting today with one of the VPs...Honeywell obviously is heavily involved with commercial avionics, but hasn't done much in GA recently. He made it sound like they wanted to really get back in the GA market. Idk...seems like they are a day late and a dollar sort, but I suppose it would be good for the market.

Honeywell seems to really push the importance of the 2020 ADS-B mandate, but I wonder how many KT74 transponders they have actually sold.

Poor guy. Does he know how far behind his competition he is?

Poor guy. Does he know how far behind his competition he is?

I guess we will see what happens! Maybe they revolutionize the market and we will have an IFR GPS for less than 5k installed :p

I guess we will see what happens! Maybe they revolutionize the market and we will have an IFR GPS for less than 5k installed :p

It had better have a screaming better user interface than all the other King stuff I’ve played with recently. Besides their weird business issues stemming from being under Honeywell, that’s the real problem with their gear. That horrid joystick thing on their 530 competitor is completely stupid. It’s not an XBox.

It had better have a screaming better user interface than all the other King stuff I’ve played with recently. Besides their weird business issues stemming from being under Honeywell, that’s the real problem with their gear. That horrid joystick thing on their 530 competitor is completely stupid. It’s not an XBox.

I honestly haven’t used any new King stuff but that’s probably because you just don’t see it at all ha. Just my opinion but I think their new stuff just looks ugly. Just the interface, design, etc. Garmin seems so much more polished and modern. Again just my opinion. The xVue looks much better than some of their other stuff though.

I honestly haven’t used any new King stuff but that’s probably because you just don’t see it at all ha. Just my opinion but I think their new stuff just looks ugly. Just the interface, design, etc. Garmin seems so much more polished and modern. Again just my opinion. The xVue looks much better than some of their other stuff though.

Wellllll... I wouldn’t call Garmin “modern” anywhere outside of aviation circles, but yeah.

My iPhone 4 was more modern tech than what’s in my GTN. :) Yay aviation.

Wellllll... I wouldn’t call Garmin “modern” anywhere outside of aviation circles, but yeah.

My iPhone 4 was more modern tech than what’s in my GTN. :) Yay aviation.

Yea that’s probably more of a result of the FAA rather than Garmins inability to provide modern technology. No doubt it’s absurd

Back