Bendix king repair stations

Morgan3820

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
El Conquistador
I have a KX-125 Nav/Com in need of help. Normally I would go to Sandhills Avionics but he has retired. The KX-125 is not on the list of BK mandatory repair. So, I am looking for other recomendations.

I had El Paso Aero repair a KX-155 for me last year. Very happy, super service. william at elpasoaero dot com

I had Jim at www.skycomavionics.com in Wisconsin look at one of the two KX-125 radios I have in my plane last Summer.

One an an intermittent problem with the LCD screen going blank and later reappearing during flight and the internal switch that lets you toggle between tuning the VOR station tuning and setting the OBS was broken so it's set for the VOR tuning all the time.

He went through my radio and was able to get the display to be rock solid after checking all internal connectors and running the radio through extensive tests that everything was working fine. Unfortunately he had little luck with BK getting a switch, we tried for about 3-4 weeks and he got little information from his contact about a replacement. Since I run an external CDI, a KI-208, with this radio I don't really need to use the OBS on the face since the other works OK and this one can be used with the CDI.

He was very helpful and informative but honest that the KX-125's are not supported very well. Also, in the manufacturing time frame in the 1990's many had issues with poorly made capacitors that fail over time that wreak havoc if they bleed out all over the radio when they fail.

Great radios but becoming very difficult to find people to work on them (or anything else used for that matter).

Back