Belt buckles, especially aviation-related

alfadog

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
alfadog
Anyone else here like belt buckles? I have a few including some aviation-related. Here are the ones I have except for one that I can't locate right now. I wear the taildragger one all the time. I think it's a Luscombe so very appropriate. The others I just bought because they looked cool but I wouldn't wear the seaplane or multi until I earn the rating :lol: I pick them up on eBay, usually for around $10 plus shipping.

attachment.php

Looks good ,will have to go over to e bay,see what they have.

I used to wear belt buckles and I like the look of those. I started working at a corporate hangar doing line service and they didn't like me wearing a big metallic paint scratching device around the 40 million buck planes. I haven't gone back from my anti scratch leather belt since I started flying the big planes just because I kind of like wearing the reminder that I once dumped the lavs and fueled the planes I now fly. This thread has me thinking about it again though.

Several 100. Some were $5. Some many more 5s than that. Some have diamonds. A couple have amethyst. And then there are the ones with turquoise. I have gold, silver, brass, and pewter. Then there's a number of Montana Silversmiths off the shelf and custom. These include several years of National Finals Rodeo and Pro Bull Riding.
I have a Piper Cherokee buckle I bought on my first solo to Norwood. There's a couple from the Dallas Country Fair (F117) and one for the SR71; the back has a list of the records it set coast to coast. Most are eagles (that's flying related).
When I was judging Corvettes, I used a cloth sock on the buckle to keep IT from getting damaged. This along with fender skirts kept the damage down.

Back